3. Bearings

I wake up and it takes me a few seconds to get my bearings. I am so comfortable on the sofa. We were watching a film. But the TV is off. I don't think I watched more than five minutes before I fell asleep. Kirishima stuffed me with pizza. He was probably worried I'd been starving myself. 'Not on my watch!' He said.

I am about to stretch when I realise I am leaning against something harder than a sofa. Someone's chest. Shit. Who was I sitting next to when we started watching the film? Oh shit... shit... shit... not him.

If it was him, the minute I would have snuggled against his body, he would have shoved me out, spurting abusive slur. I look up half reassured by my reasoning, but then feel so disappointed when I see his stupid face.

I shuffle and try to get up but I realise his arm is around me as he pulls me closer.

"Mmh stay with me." He whispers.

What the heck? Did I miss something?

"Bakugou?"

He's not answering. He's asleep. Sleep talking?

I grab his arm and try to pull away but he claws onto me harder.

"Stay with me please." He mumbles in a whiny way. Why don't I have my phone right now. I could have recorded this.

So he speaks in his sleep. Oooh... I wonder if I can get some useful information. I wanna know who he thinks he's hugging. Maybe one of the others here. That'd be awesome. That'd be leverage, fuel for my teasing. I will make his life hell! Haha!

"Bakugou." I whisper in his ear.

"Mmmh." He hums.

"Say my name." I continue. I am giggling.

"Mmmhh." He squeezes hard. Shit. I can barely breathe.

"Too tight, too tight."

"Sorry Teddy Bear." He slurs before releasing his embrace a little and kissing my head. Blurgh!! I'm gonna be sick. Is it really worth it? Wait! Did he say Teddy Bear? A pet name? Interesting.

"Say my name Bakugou."

"Mmmh... Ki."

Wait... what? Ki? Who's Ki? Kirishima? Somehow I don't see them two cuddle but you never know. I don't remember all their names yet, I'll have to pay attention tomorrow. Maybe I can ask Midoriya for his notes so I can find out who Ki is or... or I could just stop being a weirdo. But this is distracting me and I need distraction.

Anyway, how am I gonna get out of that one? I really don't want to wake him up and make it awkward. Actually, his face would be priceless but then it would show I did snuggle against him and I can't give him that satisfaction.

His thick arms are keeping me so close. Should I use my quirk? No, I know! I listen to his breathing and every time he exhales, I shuffle my way down the sofa slowly. It works and I am now out of his embrace. Phew! Better go to bed now. I tiptoe out of the living room back to my room and then I am faced with an awful realisation.

Everyone was watching the film.

Everyone went to bed.

Everyone must have seen us in each other's arms.

Could it have happened after they went to bed?

It could. Damn it, I hope it did.

God this is so embarrassing.

I really don't like the guy and he clearly doesn't like me.

Just go to sleep Mikki.

Next day, up bright and early, I get ready and end up in the bathroom at the same time as others. The girls greet me but don't mention the night before, just friendly 'are you excited to join us for class?' and 'let's have lunch together'. They are all very lovely but very noisy and I don't do noisy. I do calm and quiet... I sneer at the thought of Bokugou's shouting. This is definitely gonna be an exhausting term.

Over breakfast, I do my best to avoid him. The others don't say anything either. Either we ended cuddling... blurgh... after they went to bed or they are doing their best not to make me feel uncomfortable. Either way, I am glad it's in the past.

Once in class, I sit and see Aizawa.

So weird to see him as a teacher.

The morning goes by quickly and it's lunchtime. I do understand that, as there are not many girls in the class, they want to stick together and I don't want to be rude but I am relieved when I see no free space at their table. I smile with a fake sorry grin and sit in front of Todoroki.

He smiles. I smile back. And we just eat in silence. I know everything around us is noisy but I just zone out, processing the material I learnt this morning.

It is strange for me to be learning the same type of course in another language, I understand it's just the technical parts that I need to learn in Japanese. New vocabulary basically.

It's nice to be sitting with him because I don't feel that he minds me not talking, until Ida and Midoriya sit with us.

"How did you find class this morning?" Midoriya asks, with a sweet smile.

"Fine. I've actually already done that part of the course. I just need to learn it in another language."

"Really? That's good! How are you finding being in Japan? I guess it's different from France."

"Very. I'll get used to it."

"Do you know how long your exchange is for?"

"Not really."

"That's strange." Ida says, a finger on his chin, lost in his thoughts.

"You must miss as your parents." Midoriya continues.

I assumed the conversation was gonna go that way eventually but I am still taken aback and need to think about my answer. I'll just keep it short.

"Midoriya, this is none of our business." Todoroki says as if he'd seen my uneasiness.

"Oh! I'm sorry!! I am making assumptions and I'm not trying to be nosy or anything!!" He says panicked.

"It's okay." I try to reassure the poor guy profusely sweating across the table.

I was also able to not answer the questions thanks to Todoroki.

The rest of the day drags. I am looking forward to actually doing some practical things and finding out about my classmates' quirks.

"Midoriya!" I shout as they all leave the classroom. "Would you mind sharing your notes with me?"

"You need to take your own notes in class Mikki." Aizawa says coldly from behind his desk.

"It's not that. I wanna know about the others' quirks."

"Oh."

"Of course. I'll show you when you're free, back at the dorm."

"Thanks I really appreciate it."

"We could also demonstrate." Kirimashi says, clenching his fist.

"Yes! Let's do this!" Midoriya says before turning to Aizawa who just nods.

"Keep it small."

"We will sensei."

Back at the dorm, after getting changed we all go in the garden with drinks and snacks where everyone does their little demonstration.

They all seem quite happy to demonstrate until it's Todoroki's turn.

He stands in front of us all, concentrates and, with his ice cold eyes staring at me, suddenly makes me feel intimidated by his amazing aura. Wow. He touches the ground, activating his quirk and a tower of ice appears out of nowhere. I can tell how much he controls himself. So he's icy then. I nod assuming it's over and he surprises me holding his hand out, a flame appearing. After throwing flames at the ice tower from his hand, a beautiful dragon ice statue appears.

Wow. He's an artist as well. I am impressed. I can see his quirk being such an amazing power when fully released.

"Kacchan! Your turn." Midoriya says. Who's Kacchan?