4. Why?

I hear grumbles and I know who it is.

"WHY?!?"

"You need to show her your quirk."

"I don't need to do anything!!!"

"Come on Bakugou!" Kirishima insists. I have a feeling that when Kirishima asks, even though he complains, he will still do as asked.

"FINE!! I'm just doing it to shut you up!! Stop being so annoying about it!" Bingo.

He stands up and Midoriya explains that his sweat glands can secrete nitroglycerin, so I brace myself expecting explosions. He smiles. God he looks evil. Shit, he's gonna blow the statue!!

Throwing his hands forward, he explosively blows the ice, which breaks in massive blocks, flying rapidly towards our classmates sitting too close to it.

Without thinking I activate my quirk and create a shield between the ice and my new friends, protecting them. The ice slides along the shield and falls to the ground.

Everyone looks at me in shock.

"Good reflexes." Kirishima says.

"Shield is your quirk?" Midoriya asks, already writing in his book.

"Defensive quirk. Pretty useless."

"Bakugo! You nearly crushed your friends and that's all you can say?" Ururaka says.

"They're not my friends." What an asshole.

I turn to Midoriya who seems to have gone into his own world, mumbling some incomprehensible blur.

"It's not shield."

"What?" He says lifting his head out of his notebook.

"It's more solidification of air, specifically Nitrogen, I can move it, narrow it, expand it."

"Really? How does that work?"

"Put your hands together. You see there are areas that don't touch. Now try to keep your hands together."

He obliges and I do my thing. His hands part slowly as he tries to keep them together.

"It doesn't feel like a force. It really feels solid, like I'm pushing a wall."

"Ohhh." The others say.

"I could solidify every area of air around us and stop everyone from moving."

"This is fascinating." He says scribbling more.

"If you can move it, can you do it hard and fast enough in an offensive way?"

Flashbacks of fighting my step dad take over my thoughts, his face smashed in the ground, and I suddenly feel anxious. I need to respond. I need to respond. Shit I feel shaky. If I speak, I won't be able to contain my emotions.

"Mmmh!" I nod nervously.

"Wow! That's really good!" Midoriya says excited.

"See Bakugou! She's like Todoroki! Both long range offence and defence!" Kirishima says. I look at Todoroki and he smiles his signature shy smile. There's something about this guy, I won't lie.

"WHATEVER! I DON'T CARE! This is a waste of time! I'm leaving!"

"Oh no! Already?" I say sarcastically making him turn around with a death stare.

"Tsss!"

Once he leaves, I feel bad for being so childish.

"Don't mind him Mikki." Kirishima says.

"I shouldn't have said that."

"It's fine. He has thick skin. He's not helping himself to be honest but he's always been that way. Ask Midoriya."

"They've know each other a long time?"

"Their whole life."

"Really? They don't strike me as friends."

"Oh no, Bakugou used to bully him because he thought he was quirkless. It just happened later than others with Midoriya."

"I see. Still he's a bully."

"Not really. Maybe at school he was, but here we know him and we don't buy his bullshit. I'm sure he cares about everyone and will save their life should they be in real danger. But he sees us as competition and he wants to be the best. Number one."

"Well tough luck because me too."

"Haha! I got that feeling!"

"Have you guys planned dinner already?" I ask the others.

"No why?" Iida says.

"I'd like to cook if that's okay?"

"Depends. Any weird stuff?" Kaminari asks cautiously.

"No just normal Japanese food, no snails or frogs or... whoops sorry Tsu."

"It's okay." She answers.

"Anyway. Nothing weird I swear."

"Do you need someone to come with you shopping?" Kirishima asks.

"If that's okay? I don't know where I'm going to be honest."

"I'll come with you too. I need a few things." Todoroki says surprising us.

"Let's go!!" Kirishima cheers.

I know Aizawa said I shouldn't go out of UA but where's the danger? If he's worried about me being taken as hostage because of who my father is, chances are pretty slim. I don't think anybody knows of my existence or that I am here now.

I still look over my shoulder and scan the places we go to though.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki asks noticing my behaviour.

"Yeah."

He says nothing more but now also seems to keep an eye out.

After we finish at the grocery store, we walk back to UA and a black car slows down next to us before suddenly stopping. Instinctively, Todoroki steps between me and the car. I appreciate the thought but I'm not a helpless girl.

Someone gets out.