5. Guardian

Kirishima smiles.

"Wow! It's Guardian!!" Great.

Standing there, with a serious expression, he looks at me. I haven't seen him in years and I don't know how to feel at that moment. He doesn't look as big as I remember him to be. He was a mountain to me. He's still imposing but... I guess I've grown up.

Todoroki drops his guard and I step forward, keeping some distance.

"Hi Mikki."

The boys are surprised that he knows me, seeing that I am the newbie.

"Hi."

"You look well." What does he want? Am I gonna get a telling off for leaving UA for two minutes? "Where are you off to?"

"Going back to the dorm."

"Hi sir! Big fan!!" Kirishima says excited.

"Hi." He answers politely. "Who are your friends?"

"Friends." I hope he can tell I don't want to speak to him.

"You shouldn't be out."

"Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why shouldn't I be out? What's the big deal?"

"Some villains are after me. It's not safe."

"Wow! Thanks for the welcoming committee." I drop clearly annoyed.

"Once it calms down, we can see each other."

"Don't bother. I'm fine." I say walking away.

"Mikki!!" He shouts as Todoroki has caught up with me.

"Sir, it was great to meet you." Kirishima says still excited.

"Please look out for her."

"Of course sir." He responds before running to join us. "Wait for me!"

I am expecting an interrogation but neither of them says anything and I am thankful for that. I can only assume my behaviour showed I did not enjoy this impromptu meeting.

My brain is overworking and I feel deflated. Why is it my fault that villains are after him? Villains are always gonna be after him. He's the number three hero. So much exposure means more vulnerability.

Back at the dorm we get interrogated.

"How was your first trip out?" Ururaka asks.

"Fine." I still feel annoyed, walking passed her as I hear her asking.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Nah! She's probably just a bit overwhelmed by the day. It's a big change you know." Thanks Kirishima for not sharing my lousy family reunion. I assume he knows Guardian is my father. He didn't ask but I assume it was obvious.

I get on with the cooking and Momo comes to help me.

Once dinner is ready, they all come to the dinner area and I notice Bakugou is not there.

"Is Bakugou not coming?" I ask Kirishima.

"I don't think so. I told him to join us but he said he wasn't hungry."

Is it because of me? I was a bitch earlier. Why do I feel bad? He's been a right pain in my ass.

I put some stew in a bowl and make my way upstairs, while everyone is happily having dinner.

Once at his door, I hesitate before I knock. I will get some abuse for sure and he will yell at me. I guess I don't care because I am expecting it. I knock.

"I told you I'm not hungry stupid hair..." He stops as soon as he sees me after opening the door, stunned. "What are up you doing here dumbass?!" And there it is.

"I brought you dinner."

"Why?"

"I cooked and..."

"And you want to poison me?"

"Umh... that would be a pretty good idea actually. Thanks for the tip. I'll do that next time." His face is blank. "I'm joking. It is edible and poison-free."

"Whatever." He mumbles closing his door which doesn't shut because my foot is in the way. "What the hell are you doing?!?" I open his door and step inside his room. "Get out you stupid idiot!!"

"Just dropping this here." I say putting the bowl on his desk, checking his room at the same time, before returning to the door. "Bon apetit!" I smile, now leaving his room.

As I walk down the corridor, I am expecting his door to slam but it doesn't. It eventually shuts quietly.

I am getting used to him I think. I won't say it's all an act. I think it's just his nature and it's unlikely to change as his classmates have dealt with it for the last three years and he is still the same yelling angry guy. Doesn't mean he's a bad person... well. He's training to be a hero so the thought of saving people is not repulsive to him. He's just not a people person... like Endeavour I guess. I don't see Endeavour shouting as much though. I chuckle in my thoughts.

"What's funny?" Kirishima asks.

"Nothing."

"Did he take your food?"

"No. I pushed my way in to leave it on his desk." Everybody stops talking and eating, staring at me. "What?"

"You went in his room?" Kaminari asks gobsmacked.

"Y... yeah... why?"

"In three years, no one except Kirishima and I have been in his room."

"Oh. I did force my way in so..."

"And you're still alive?!?"

I look at myself.

"I guess I am."

"Wow. He must like you." I feel myself blush. Why the heck am I blushing?!?

"Seeing how much yelling I received I doubt that."

"Kacchan doesn't know how to communicate without shouting or telling you off." Midoriya says.

"Ok. How about we stop talking about someone who's not here and we just have dinner."

"Sure!"

I serve myself a bowl and sit in front of Todoroki. He gives me a small smile. I just like the guy. I know I won't be bothered by unnecessary chit chat or questioning.

"It was delicious." He says quietly.

"Thank you. Would you like some more?"

"Only when you're finished with yours. That would be nice, yes, please."

"It's okay." I stand up and serve him another bowl. When I turn around, I see Bakugou standing proud just there in front of me, looking away, angry. "Hey! See it wasn't poisoned." I smile.

"Tsss." He looks like he wants to ask something, the empty bowl in his hand. It's funny. I know what he wants and I can tell it is killing him to ask. I'm too nice.

After putting Todoroki's bowl to the side, I lean over and take his from his hand. I pour him some more stew and hand it to him with a smile.

"Stop being so damn arrogant!" He barks, clearly annoyed to have to admit that my food is so good he wants seconds. I chuckle making him grumble before he sits with Kirishima.

Returning to the table handing a grateful Todoroki his dish, I sit down and enjoy my dinner with my quiet partner.