7. Where's Kaminari?

"Where's Kaminari?" I ask, catching my breath.

"I thought he was with you." Jiro says. "I sent him in the same direction." She crouches to the ground and listens through her plugs. "THAT WAY!"

We run and find Bakugou fighting three bots simultaneously, while Kaminari stands there like a vegetable with a trunk in his hands.

"What's wrong with him?"

"He's out of juice." She says.

Todoroki throws flames at a strong bot which is headed towards Kaminari. I use my quirk to narrow his flames focusing the heat into a tunnel, targeting the bot's legs which melt, making it fall to the ground.

He looks at me and smiles. It feels amazing. Combining my powers with his is such an exhilarating feeling, adrenaline pumping in my veins.

Now with all bots out of order, we run back to the entrance with barely seconds to spare, under the cheers of our comrades.

We are pretty happy with ourselves.

"Team efforts helped you achieving the objective in the end but Mikki and Bakugou need to work on that. I understand you are both motivated by the same goal..." I stare at him with distaste and he mirrors me "... but you could have failed the exercise, compromising your teammates' result as well. Stop being so selfish, childish and irresponsible. You are both on dinner duty for the rest of the week. Work together or your classmates will go hungry."

I feel like everyone is looking at me. I hate the person he brings up in me. I really need to grow up.

"Sorry sensei." I say bowing.

"It's not me you should apologise to."

"Sorry guys." I say bowing to my teammates while Bakugou scoffs. He's such an asshole.

"It's okay." Jiro says with a kind smile. "We did it!"

As I watch the others in the challenge, I feel like an idiot. They work so well together and achieve the task a lot quicker than we did.

"What's wrong petal?" I turn around and see Kirishima.

He really needs to stop with the pet names.

"Nothing." I answer unconvincingly.

"You're new. It's normal that it's harder for you. You'll get there."

"I just feel like I stepped backwards."

"I think you did amazing. I wasn't expecting you to do so well. It's as if you had to start from scratch after all and you killed it!" He always finds the words.

I look up and his smile warms me. Argh! Why does his bare chest have to be so close to his face? Am I blushing? I look away and my eyes cross Todoroki's. They drill right through to my soul. Why do I feel like he can read my mind? I'm so embarrassed and try again to look away.

I now see Bakugou, his arms crossed, focused on the screen. He turns around, catching me staring.

"WHAT?!?" He barks. I shake my head and sit on the ground. I feel like I can't look anywhere. "Weirdo." He adds with a grunt.

The exercise finishes, everyone left with notes from Aizawa and we get changed before returning to the dorm.

After a shower, which I use to reflect on the debacle of today, I jump in shorts and a baggy cotton sweater before going downstairs.

He's already there in shorts too and sleeveless black tshirt, chopping vegetables frantically. Wow. His knife skills are amazing.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING? You think I'm gonna do all the work?!? Did you fall asleep or something?!?!!"