9. On the train

On the train back, my air buds on, I think about the last two days spent with Hawks. It was awesome. Hard work but awesome. I was intimidated to start with. I heard so many stories from my mentor and the media. We made a few arrests but for me it was interesting to see how he interacted with the public.

He is well respected by the whole city, offers help for the smallest things if he can, and his fan service is top of the league. He also comes off as arrogant sometimes and laid back but he's actually very observant and smart. I have a lot of respect for him.

I mean let's be honest here, he's a babe too so I enjoyed working with him even more. Very charming and he knows it. I'm not surprised he is successful with the ladies. I'll never fall for a guy like that. I'm too strong...

Who am I kidding? I'm just a girl! I'll soon be eighteen years old, never kissed a guy. I will... eventually... I know.

I touch my cheek thinking about Kirishima. I've been thinking about him a lot. He really surprised me and that just brought so many questions.

I know I need to focus on the course, on becoming number one but with these dudes acting out, I can't really concentrate as well as I could. Do I mind the attention? No! I'm just not good at compartmentalising and being strong when it comes to the unknown.

Back at the dorm, I thank Tokoyami for taking me under his wing and looking after me for the last two days, he's really nice and reassuring.

A knock at my door makes me jump.

I open and he's there. I'm really happy to see him.

"Hey you!" I can't contain my smile as he steps in, hugging me tightly. Not a shoulder hug. He tightens his hold around my waist and my arms are guided to his shoulders. That feels nice, I really don't mind being close to him. I'm comfortable. He leans back. "I missed you petal." These damn pet names! "How was it? Tell me everything!"

Releasing his embrace, he lets himself fall on my bed, his cheeky smile on.

"Don't we need to get going? I just finished to repack."

"We have five minutes."

"I need more than five minutes if you want to know EVERYTHING!" His laugh is chimes.

"Ok, maybe you can tell me later." Sitting on the edge of the bed, he smirks. "Did you miss me?"

What should I say? He clearly said he missed me so I can say it back without worrying too much. I did miss him. He makes everything just so easy.

"I... did." His smile is so big, it's contagious.

Standing up, I don't know what he's gonna do and start to panic but he picks up my bag, before walking to the door.

"Come on sunshine, let's go camping."

"Where's your bag? Are you even packed?" I ask, closing the door behind me.

"Downstairs. I'll have you know I was packed hours ago. Haha!"

When we arrive in the main area, Iida tries his best to gather people, distributing itineraries but no one is listening, way too excited by our camping trip.

I've never camped here. I wonder if it's the same as in France. Camping is camping right?

Aizawa arrives with the bus and we all climb in.

Kirishima goes to sit with Bakugou who hasn't said a word to me yet, or looked in my direction, which is fine. It's helping me to be honest. Less confusing feelings.

I end up sitting with Mina. God, this girl is so lovely but a ball of energy and I feel exhausted by the time we arrive.

I am sharing a tent with her and Momo. We open the tent and I offer to put it up as they get the sleeping bags and other stuff. The tent is up by the time they come back.

"Wow! Did you get some help?" Mina ask.

"No."

"Did you use your quirk?"

"It would be too fiddly."

"Oh so you're a pro camper?"

"Haha! You can say that. I can also make a fire."

"We have Todoroki." Momo says.

"AHH!! WE DON'T NEED HALF HALF BASTARD! I CAN MAKE A FIRE!" Where did he come from? He's already in his swim shorts, a towel over his shoulder.

"Hey Bakugou." I greet him. He grunts. "Do you need something?"

"NO!" He walks off. Why is this so funny to me?

"Hey cutie!" Kirishima I swear to god. "Are you done settling in? We're going to the lake."

"Pretty much. I need to get changed."

"I'll wait for you."

The tent is pretty nice with three individual partitions so we all get in and get changed.

Once out, I see both my roommates in their swim suits as we come out and they are... wow... smoking hot. I don't have a tiny bikini. I wouldn't feel comfortable in one either. Mine's more a competition two piece.

But as I look at Kirishima, his eyes are not on them but on me, making me self-conscious.

"Mikki you look... really... nice." He says slightly embarrassed, rubbing the back of his head.

He grabs my hand and pulls me with him.

"Wait! My towel!!"

I grab it and he hurries to the lake, dragging me with him. I can't stop laughing at his excitement.

Most of the class is already in the water, on the pier or the little diving platform.

I lay my towel on the little beach with Jiro and am about to sit down.

"What are you doing?" He asks giggling.

"Just chilling for now."

"No you're not. You're coming in. The water looks perfect."

"You go ahead, I'll join you later."

"Umh. I'm sorry but no."

I see him getting close with a smirk. What is he doing?

"I'm too heavy Kiri!"

"I'm strong!"

He picks me up and I claw onto his neck before he runs on the pier with the biggest smile. He's such a child and I love this whole thing. Damn it's coming!!

"Aaaaaahhhhhh!" He screams in excitement.

"Aaaaahhhhh!" I scream is panic.

Jumping in the water, my thighs smack the surface of the water making a clear clap before we both sink in the lake. Ouch!

I swim back to the surface and as soon as my head is out, I wipe my eyes, faced with his cheeky grin. Unimpressed, still feeling my thighs hurting, my temper takes over and I throw a wave of water towards him.

"What?!? What was that for?" He whines, his hair over his eyes, making me chuckle.

"That's for throwing me in the water."

"Is it nice though?"

"Maybe..." I say faking a grumpy attitude.

"Come on."

Coming closer to me, I feel his hands on my waist as I trade water and my excitement rises from his touch until I feel him pushing me down, dunking me.

That little shit!

We continue to play this fun flirting-dunking game in the deep water until I end up wrapping myself on his back.

At that stage, I haven't realised that we have moved back where we have a foothold and now that he is grounded, he pulls my thigh, swivelling me around from his back to his chest, my legs still wrapped on his waist.

He's staring at me and I'm so close to his face. I am half expecting to be dunked under water again but his eyes are different. He's gonna kiss me. I know he is.

His hands around my waist, mine on his neck, my fingers twining with his hair, it is inevitable now.

My first kiss... I'm so nervous, I can't breathe properly. Can he feel me shaking? His face comes close, I close my eyes, waiting for his lips.