𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Awee, Honey look at this cutie" Susan said to her husband, Rodrick gleamed, "I want her as my sissy!" He pointed to the 5 year old girl. Greg babbled in his mothers arms happily, bouncing up and down and shaking his arms around.  The small girl bit her fingernail shyly. "I think we found the right one" Susan smiled widely. "Honey, get to know her whilst I sign the papers" Susan said and walked to the front desk to confirm the adoption of Aryia. Rodrick and Aryia played with the toy cars happily. Frank sat down cross legged to play with them. "Welcome to the Heffley family Aryia" Frank smiled.

10 MINUTES LATER

Mary Anne, the owner of the adoption center helped Aryia pack her very few belongings into a small Adams family backpack. "You'll enjoy your new family Aryia" She smiled at the nervous child. "Rodrick is my new friend!" She babbled happily, "He's also your new brother!" Mary Anne laughed. "Yays!" Aryia celebrated with a small dance. Rodrick came in with Susan chasing after him. "I wanted to see my new sissy!" He argued. "Im so sorry, I tried to stop him" Susan apologised profusely. "Its okay! Its amazing seeing the two new siblings like eachother so much" Mary Anne smiled. "All dones!" Aryia picked up her backpack and swung it across her shoulder. "Am I goings home?" Aryia asked, looking up at Susan. "Yes sweetie, you're coming to your new home" Susan smiled down at the little girl. All 3 of the ladies walked downstairs to the front desk. Frank was playing with Greg. "Come on we are going home now" Susan smiled widely, she was excited to raise her new daughter.

Frank buckled Greg in as Susan helped Aryia into the car next to Rodrick. Susan and Frank knew Rodrick and Aryia  would be close due to them being close in age, only one year apart, Rodrick was 6 as Aryia was 5. He smiled at the thought of them being stuck by the hip, doing everything together. "Yays! I beat you haha!" Aryia yelled all of a sudden as she beat Rodrick in a rock, paper, scissors match. "No fair! I wanted to win!" The boy huffed. "Rodrick be nice, Aryia won fair and square." Susan scolded him. "So Aryia honey, when we get home, we will show you you're room and help you unpack, is that okay?" Susan looked in the rearview mirror at the black haired girl. "Mhms!" She nodded eagerly. "I is so excited!" "Thats good! You'll love it"  Susan smiled.

"We are home kids!" Frank said and pulled into the driveway of their house. Aryia squealed in excitement and looked over at Rodrick to see him smiling. Susan got out and unbuckled Greg from his baby seat. Frank opened the door for Rodrick and Aryia, Aryia jumped out, eager to be shown around and to get to know her new family.

Frank unlocked the front door and walked in.

"Woah..." Aryia gasped.