Uncontrollably Fond

"What's wrong, darling?", asks a sleepy Cha Young hugging a very awake Vincenzo Cassano.

"I can't sleep". Vincenzo says, putting his head into the crook of her neck.

"It's okay. I'm here with you. Just clear your mind and listen to the rain falling outside". Cha Young pats his hair softly to and kiss his temple, soon Vincenzo is sleeping peacefully like a baby. She likes to listen to him snoring, the sound of his heartbeats brings comfort to her soul. It wasn't always like that. When they started dating Vincenzo used to wake up almost every night sweating and scared from nightmares. She always calm him down saying sweet nothings in his ears.

"I'm here"

"You're not alone"

"You're safe"

It took some time to Vincenzo open up for her. He wasn't used to have someone by his side, someone to lean on. Cha Young changed all and broke his walls giving him the love he didn't know he deserved.

Love.

Vincenzo is still learning how a relationship works. Everyday he tries to be the best version of himself for Cha Young. His girlfriend deserves all of him. She gives him so much that his afraid to not show enough how much he adores her. Cha Young never complain. She accepts his flaws, insecurities and is always by his side. When he thinks about their life together Vincenzo is grateful.

Grateful to have the oportunity to experience this, grateful for her love, grateful for loving her. They are not perfect, but it's fine. That's who they are.

Cha Young never dreamed about love. She never thought she would find someone capable of embracing all of her until she mets a handsome italian lawyer.

From strangers to coworkers to friends to lovers to partners. What a journey.

Partners

That's how Cha Young likes to define them. Even now that they're romantically involved she preferes to use the word partners to summarize what they have. Two people who share everything and are together no matter what.

Vincenzo is quiet most of the time. He likes to listen to her talk about whatever she enjoys, he likes the sound of her laugh, he likes the way she smiles when they're together, he likes to be little spoon when they're cuddling, he likes to make her happy, he likes everything about Hong Cha Young.

One day they were cuddling on the couch at his home watching one of her kdramas when she suggested that they should move in together.

"Let's move in together. You don't need to answer right now, just think about it", she says coyly buring her head deep in his chest.

"Sure. Let's do this", he answers with a smile.

"Really?"

"Really. Why are you surprised, Hong Cha Young? You are always cold, you need me to keep you warm at night. Beside that, I sleep better when you are with me", Vincenzo looks at her eyes and kiss her forehead.

"Sometimes I can't believe this is real."

"If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up either."

"Relax baby. We're fine."

"Yes, we're doing fine."

They find a house and are inseparable since then. The transition was easy them they thought it would. Soon they settle a routine. Vincenzo enjoys being with his girlfriend as much as he can. For the first time in his life he has a home.

She is his home.

On saturday nights he cooks for them. More them feeding his sweetie with great food he appreciates when she puts her arms around his waist. He smiles like a fool at the sight of Cha Young being clingy. Only him can see this side of her. He's still a bit stoic, but compensates treating her like a baby.

A mafia man being all lovey-dovey and affectionate was something reserved for her. Cha Young is proud to bring this side of him to life. The Vincenzo Cassano she knows is more than a consigliere, he's a strong man with lots of feelings and internal conflicts. A villain who deserves love and can give love as well.

The path to achieve love was rough, uneven, erratic, but also unique and beautiful. One soul sharing two bodies requires sacrificies, worshiping and compromise. This unusual couple is willing to risk anything for each other. That's how their love language works.

Days are brighter, nights are not longer melancholic, life is colorful. Vincenzo never thought he would find a partner and a family in his motherland. He's the same man, but now he's not afraid to show his feelings. Once Cha Young show him how to love, he never stopped.

Free from the guilty and embracing his dark side completely he is able to envision a future where he's not alone with his demons. A certain long haired woman is there to fight these demons besides him.

"Did you sleep well?". Cha Young asks, bringing her hands to hold his face.

"Very well. Thanks to my beautiful girlfriend lullabying me". Vincenzo says, giving her a peck.

"Great. I'm glad you don't have nightmares anymore". He nods with a smile. "Thanks to you I just have sweet dreams now".

"Am I really this special?"

"You are, Cha Young! You are". He smirks and brings their lips together once more.

"Why are you being so romantic today?"

"Any particular reason. I'm just glad to wake up with you by my side"

"God! You're so clingy". She says, buring her head in his chest.

"You can handle it. Don't worry".

In the bubble they built for themselves there's no necessity of rushing things. Their relationship works in a slow pace that accommodate their newfound intimacy. Every day they discover new things about how to be a better lover, even the fights leads to an amazing make up sex and a series of 'I love you' full of passion and desire. All these perfect imperfections makes the whole shebang worth.

"Cha Young, I'm not a religious person but I do sometimes think God made you for me"

"Guess that's why we love each other so much darling"

"I think so too sweetie"