Chapter Four

You have survived one week with the merman up till now, yet you don't know if you will be able to live with this lifestyle anymore.

The freedom of doing something wrong frightens you as you are afraid of Delta's punishments.

The fact that he fed you raw fish one time made you sick for two days straight.

So you don't wish to experience something like that again.

And also you are forced to stay in the cove in fear of facing the same shark attack again.

"Don't you hate humans?"

Yes, you have been meaning to ask Delta such a question for the past week, as you have noticed the way he spoke badly about humans.

He showed his displeasure by calling humans disgusting and accusing them of polluting the oceans and rivers.

Which is kind of true by the way, but if he hates human, why did he kidnap you just so you become his daughter?

"Yes, very much" you frown.

"Then why do you care for me?"

Delta chuckles at your question as if it was a joke.

"Because you are the only human which I'm fascinated with, I feel happy when I'm around you"

His honest reply to your question made you feel comforted that he is will not harm you or kill you shortly.

He kind of reminds you of Ariel from the little mermaid, where she is fascinated by humans.

"Can I make a deal with you?" Delta swims closer to you and looks at you with interest and curiosity.

"Go ahead, my child"

"Why don't you marry a mermaid and have a baby, in return you let me go back home"

The light-haired male siren is amused at your deal, finding humor in your words.

"Who would you return home to? your parents are dead"

Your lips quiver up at the cruel reminder that you indeed no longer have a family.

No aunts, no uncles, and you don't have any grandparents.

"Today we will pay a visit to the Siren king, so I want you to be on your best behavior"

"Why?" you ask curiously.

"Why what?"

"Why are we going to visit the Siren king?" you repeat your question more clearly now.

"To complete our ritual" his answer confused you more.

"What ritual?"

Delta wraps his arms around you and his long beautiful tail wrapping around your legs.

"Were you and I will be united with blood as father and daughter"