The newest Shadow Siren

Doopliss watched as the rebirthed Shadow Queen fought Mario.

He was watching slick having no chance for once. The stupid plumber couldn't land a single hit!

The Shadow Queen cackled. In her true form, Mario and his partner's attacks wouldn't do any damage.

She even healed what little damage the nuisance had done to her in battle.

"I will ask you again... Will you serve me? If so, I will forgive you for this..." The queen told Mario.

Goombella looked at Mario. "Uhm, what should we do?" She asked.

Mario looked back at her. "I don't know...Usually, something helps me. Like when I defeated Bowser."

The Shadow Queen cackled. "Muh huh huh huh huh! I am not like the being you are addressing, I am the Shadow Queen." She tilted her head over to the two of them. "I will repeat what I said, will you serve me?" The Queen asked once again.

Mario looked down at the ground. He was probably trying to think of something he could do. But there was nothing.

For once, Slick lost.

"Yes." Mario said quietly.

The Shadow Queen's eyes glowed red and her grin looked at Mario. "What was that, servant? Do you serve me?" She asked, knowing that the answer was most definitely a yes.

Goombella was shocked at what Mario had said. Throughout the journey, Mario was never one to simply give up.

"Mario? Do you realize what you are saying?!" Goombella yelled at her friend. "That is the demon that destroyed Rogueport years ago and," The female Goomba's voice got louder. "POSSESSED PEACH!!!"

She probably thought Mario had forgotten all of that somehow.

Doopliss smiled. For once in his life, he was on the winning team.

And what a powerful winning team it was. Of course, the world would forever be enveloped in darkness, but he didn't care.

Goombella hit Mario in the shoulder. "Do you realize what'll happen if we serve evil?!" Mario looked at her in defeat. "Your superstar Mario! You would never serve evil!"

"Quiet, Goomba!" Beldam yelled at Goombella.

Twilight Town was always dark and Doopliss was already regarded as a monster there.

For the world, this would be an improvement.

"Yes...My queen." Mario repeated.

The Shadow Queen cackled while Goombella looked shocked. All of Mario's partners were more shocked than they had ever been in their lives.

"Muh huh huh huh huh! Good...You are obedient and will serve me for eternity!" The Queen said, now knowing that she had the only mortal being with some way to stop her.

A strange mist enveloped Mario. It was there for a few seconds, and then it dissipated.

The result had Mario looking quite different. What you could see of his hair was a charcoal black instead of a chocolate brown. His overalls were now a very dark shade of purple and white.

Strangest of all was Slick's skin, it was now a similar color to what the Shadow Queen had, devoid of all life and hope.

"Now you are mine...Mortal." The Shadow Queen said.

Goombella looked at the changed Mario in horror. The partners started to flee out the entrance they came in.

"What did you do to Mario, you WITCH?!" Goombella asked in horror and anger.