Nightmares

A/N: Ack! Sorry, it's really hard for me to do a series! I prefer one shots soo yeah. 😅 This is gonna be a one shot. 😌

The first night actually having shelter in Jurrassic World ~ Sammy's POV

I'm finally home! I thought as I ran towards my house on the ranch. Suddenly, men in suits came out of nowhere. Mantahcorp! I realize before one of them grabbed ahold of me, "You never completed your task, Gutierrez, and because of that we've taken your family's assets away. Oh and, good luck finding them." He smiled sinisterly.

Yasmina's POV

"No!" Sammy shouted.

"Sammy! You were having a nightmare." I say as she lays up in one of the bunks frightened. I rest my hands on her shoulders trying to calm her down.

"It's okay, it was just a nightmare." I see her look down at my hands. Is Sammy blushing...?

"Come here, I want you to see something." I get up from the floor moving towards the ladder and look back to her.

"Are you coming?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm comin'." Sammy finally replies. We climb down and I lead her towards a waterfall I had seen before when I was walking around trying to be a "macho woman" like Kenji calls me.

Sammy's POV

Yaz suddenly stopped in front of me and parts the bushes, it was beautiful, the water cascaded down the rocks into a small pond which reflected the night sky perfectly.

"Wow..." I gasp.

"I know right?" She looks at me with the most energetic look I've ever seen on her.

"You must love this place to be this excited." I chuckle with butterflies in my stomach.

"No, I just knew you'd love it." The brown-haired girl murmurs so quietly I almost couldn't hear her.

"What?" I ask heat rising to my cheeks.

"Uh, nothing." She points over to the waterfall and says quickly, "Watch this." And walks over to it, faces towards me, then walks backwards into it. Where'd she go? *dial-up tone*

Oh! There must be a cave behind the waterfall. I slam my hand to my forehead and think, Sammy, you're such a ding-dong! I walk over to where Yaz disappeared and I close my eyes not wanting to get water in them as the cold water rushed over me.

When I open my eyes again, I first thought we were outside again looking around at all of the shimmering, white crystals in the cave. I take a step forward and there's a tiny splash, I look down to see a small stream of water going from the outside into a pool of water in the middle of the cave, where it reflected the roof above.

"Now this is cool!" I say in awe. Yasmina says nothing though and just stares at me with rose dusted cheeks, as far as I could see in the dim light.

"Umm, Earth to Yaz, are you there?" I wave my hand in front of her face.

"Oh! Uh, sorry, I was just... deep in thought." Her face grows more red as she puts her hair behind her ear. Cute. I think before pacing over to the pool of water and splashed the brown-haired girl lightly.

"Aah!" She yelped. I chuckle and splash her again.

"You need to get 'yer head out of the clouds!" I shout teasingly.

"Fine then." She smirks and walks over to me, she crouched down and sent the water flying at my face.

"That better?" Yaz looks up at me with that smug jock-ish look athletes have.

"Oh, you've done it now!" I yell playfully trying to push the smug girl into the water. We scuffle a bit and laugh until Yasmina somehow ended up on top of me. Our laughter slowly dies away into awkward silence while we were both blushing immensely. She jumps off of me and walks to the other side of the cave while I walk to another.

I start thinking about the nightmare I had earlier, then I remember when the everyone found out I was spying for Mantahcorp, the look on Yasmina's face made me wish I could take it all back. My eyes immediately start welling up with tears, I could still feel all the shame, guilt, and fear in that moment.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Yaz walks over to me concerned.

"I- Um... it's nothing." I murmur.

"Well, there's something up because nobody just starts crying for no reason." She puts her hand on my cheek and wipes away my tears as they fall.
(That's actually not true because I do that at 1 am after I've smoked too much. ;-;)
I sigh, "It's just that... I don't know why but, I still feel bad about lying to y'all, well, to you..." I look away from her.

"Come here." The brown-haired girl spread her arms out offering a hug, something I thought she'd never actually do. I pause before taking a step forward, wrapping my arms around her, and nestling my head into the space between her neck and shoulder. She smelled like mint and rain, it was so comforting, as if I could stay there forever...

"Did you also know that people don't normally take 30 seconds to hug someone?" Yasmina taps my shoulder.

"Oh, uhmmmm, sorry." I say my face turning red in embarrassment.

We began talking about random stuff like what some of the crystals look like, and what we were going to do in the morning. And it went on for a while until we realized we had to get back to camp.

A/N: I made the Sammyxyasmina playlist collaborative and public so if any of you want to listen, go ahead! Have a good day! 😁✌