Time to Detox

Story Created: 6/18/21

3:03 P.M. – Malibu University

It was a breezy Thursday afternoon on the campus of Malibu University. Currently, Sam, Clover, Alex, Britney, Nick and Mat were all in random classes – except Mat's Journalism class for the day ended a little early for a change. He was currently waiting outside one of the buildings for Sam. He sported some regular shorts and a 2002-throwback motocross shirt that was green and white and read "Walker 68" on the back, which signified 2002 Houston 125cc Supercross winner, Matt Walker.

Students came in and out while Mat waited for Sam patiently. She came out a few minutes later and immediately noticed Mat waiting for her.

"Hey, hon," Sam greeted with a smile and they exchanged a kiss.

Sam currently sported a green tanktop and light blue jeans. She and Mat walked back together. Sam was about to get a hand free, but Mat immediately threw an arm around her back.

"You know, sometimes I'm a bit envious you don't have to worry about any textbooks," Sam laughed a bit.

"Well, Journalism does have its benefits," Mat chuckled. "I guess I'm lucky it's mostly hands-on."

"I suppose," Sam deduced as they walked back to West Coast Hall.

"Nothing left for you today?" Mat then asked.

"Nope," Sam answered. "Done for the day after my Advanced Physics class just ended."

"Well, in that case, if you don't have much on your plate for today, maybe you'd like to come down to walk the Mali-U Beach with me later on?" Mat offered.

"Like a... date?" Sam wondered.

"If you wanna look at it that way, yeah," Mat chuckled.

"Well, I was hoping to get a head start on my next paper..." Sam told him. "But I guess it can wait since I only have a couple of weeks to finish it."

"Great," Mat smiled. "We can go a couple hours from now."

"Works for me," Sam told him. "I can meet you there."

They kissed on it to make their date official.

Somewhere else on campus, Nick was waiting for Alex to 'escape' from her own class.

And sure enough, there she was, right on time.

"Hey, Nick!!" Alex proclaimed, running over to hug her boyfriend. "Did your class go well?"

Alex only had to glance at the rather disgusted look on Nick's face to understand what he'd had to suffer through. "That bad, huh?"

"I will never understand why some of these other languages are so freakin' hard to learn," Nick admitted.

"It boggles the mind, huh?" Alex giggled.

"Hey, you busy at all later today?" Nick asked.

"Nope," Alex answered. "All done for the day."

"Would you, maybe, wanna have dinner at the Sunspot Café later?" Nick asked.

"How do you know I love that place?" Alex laughed. "It's a deal!!"

As for Clover and Britney, they were actually out enjoying cappuccinos at the Mali-U café. Their classes just finished themselves – Surf-ology for Clover and Paleontology for Britney.

"So, Blaine's got late practice?" Britney stated.

"Unfortunately," Clover nodded.

"Bummer," Britney commented.