Chapter 28

(The meanings for Kate's knives will be given at the end before my author's note

(The meanings for Kate's knives will be given at the end before my author's note.) Enjoy....

I am actually going out to dinner with my super fancy and posh brother. How the hell did I not foresee this, nothing I have in my closet is appropriate for this. The dresses I have are not one I would want my big brother to see me in, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that either. The ones he would actually be able to see without gauging his own eyes are not one I would want to wear to a fancy restaurant.

Having no other option I picked up a random outfit, pairing it with a bunch of chains and other accessories and heeled boots, I applied some light makeup with a coat of maroon lipstick. Taking one last look in the mirror I walked downstairs.

Alex had already left for his date, which I intend to talk about in detail with him later

Alex had already left for his date, which I intend to talk about in detail with him later. The others were in the living room, the twins and Dante talking to each other in whispers most probably trying to plan a "small" party in the while we are going to be gone.

As I walk in Xavier looks up and scans my outfit, an uneasy expression on his face. "You're wearing that?" I can see the horror on his face at seeing the shorts and how he adjusted the gun he was carrying, making sure he had it with him. Which I'm pretty sure is for any guy who looks at me wrong.

"Well it's either this or the skin tight latex red dress." I simply answered this and it prompted him to jump up quickly, grabbing his keys and walking towards the door. Waving a quick goodbye to the guys, both of us headed out.

We had been in the car for 15 minutes, and after suffering through the awkward silence I couldn't take it anymore. "So where are we going?" "Oh, there is this perfect little Italian place I know, one of my old friends is the owner and they have the best mushroom risotto."

So we really are going to some fancy shmancy restaurant, "Ok, cool." I think my face showed exactly how boring this sounded to me as he immediately added "Or we could go someplace else. You know... any other place you might have in mind. I am flexible."