Sins in Sin City

"I'm actually so happy to see him." I say, as I stab my fork into another pancake. I've been counting down the minutes up to this day. It felt like it would never come but now that its here, my heart's beating a little faster than usual.

Ayden, my boyfriend, has been away in Las Vegas for almost three weeks now. He went along with my friend Jentzen to support Elliana at her dance competition there. She hasn't danced competitively in ages so support would be a huge boost in her books. It made sense that Jentzen would go, seeing as he's literally her boyfriend but I didn't really understand why Ayden wanted to go. He said something about wanting to see what competitive dancing was like but I think he just wants to be a good friend. He's so sweet, one of his many admirable traits.

Piper rolls her eyes in mock annoyance. "I know. You've said that the past five days now, Symonne. When will stop thinking about him?"

"I don't know what you mean. Don't you think about Lev all the time?"

"Not while I'm studying or reading or doing brand deals." she says, kind of breaking up due to the low connection in the dining room," I mean sure he's my boyfriend so he has a place in my heart, not 24/7 in my brain."

I nod my head slightly, in agreement. "I guess you're right. "

The doorbell suddenly rings and as usual it's Darren, the mailboy. He goes around every single house in my neighborhood, personally handing each of us our newspapers. He could just leave it on the porch as any normal person would but he's decided to take a "friendlier" route.

"Could you get that, Symonney?" My mom yells from her bedroom.

I quickly scatter from the table toward the door.

"Good Morning." He greets me politely as he hands me our newspaper. "Here you go."

I force a polite smile. "Thank you!". Then I close the door before he can reply. Sometimes the "friendlier" route can be annoying.

After I toss the newspaper somewhere, Piper continues, "Anyways, I still don't understand why you woke up so early this morning. You're not meeting him till 12."

She puts her hair into a messy ponytail. "I mean, surely you could have slept in."

"Not today I'm not. I haven't seen Ayden in two whole weeks. You don't understand how excited I am to have lunch with him."

"I think you've made it pretty clear."

"Do you think he brought me anything from Vegas?" I consider, smiling to myself. "Maybe a little pillow casino or even a custom poker chip?"

She shrugs. "Maybe, I don't know. I wish I could have gone. I haven't seen Claire in awhile. "

Claire is Piper's cousin and my bestfriend. She lives in Las Vegas with her family so it's hard for her to always be in LA. We haven't seen her in like a month and Piper misses her so much. She talks about her all the time cause they're really close. They used to be inseparable but it's been hard to keep that bond especially with the long distance.

"I don't think so. They went for the dance competition, remember? Claire lives an hour  from where they stayed. That would be a pretty long drive  for just a visit."

"Yeah," She replies, starting on a braid, "A drive I would lowkey take."

Hours pass by quickly and it's finally time for our date. I arrive a few minutes early as I was bored at home and anxious to see Ayden. He's not here as yet but I'll cut him some slack as it's not quite 12 as yet.

The restaurant he chose is so chic, though.

The greenery outdoorsy vibes compliment my white ruffled mini dress so well

The greenery outdoorsy vibes compliment my white ruffled mini dress so well. It's a good thing too because it took me so long to decide what to wear. Not to mention how long it took me to decide on how to braid my hair and do my makeup. I put way too much effort for him to arrive late.

About ten minutes later, Ayden finally arrives. As soon as I see him, a burst of excitement overwhelms me. I run up to him and give him a long hug. His fresh cologne reminds me of exactly why I missed him. Kind of made everything seem back to normal. We take our seats finally and order our food.

"How was the dance competition?" I ask, taking a sip of sparkling water.

He removes his hands out his pocket and that's when I notice a yellow scrunchie around his wrist. Did he buy it for me as a gift or was he using it for something?

"Why do you have a scrunchie?" I ask, pointing at his wrist."Is that for me?"

He, in sudden speed, removes it from his wrist and stuffs it into his pocket, with a rather panicking look on his face.

"Oh, um it's Claire's." he says, "She took it out her hair at the dance competition and told me to hold it. I forgot to give it back, my bad." 

So Piper was right. They did see Claire.

"I didn't know she went. That's cool. Did you guys have fun at the dance competition?"

He answers reluctantly. "Uh yeah, it was cool. Ellie's dance was very.... inspiring."

Something seems a little bit off about him but I guess he's just jetlagged.

The waiter finally arrives with our food and drinks. We eat and chat for awhile until all our food is finished.

Ayden looks at his watch. "It's getting late. I should go." Then he proceeds to withdraw his chair.

"What?" I look at him in suprise then avert my eyes to the grandfather clock by the outdoor exit. "It's only 1:30."

He clears his throat. "Yeah, I had a late flight and I'm really tired. I should hit the sack."

I honestly thought that we'd spend more time together. I hadn't seen him in weeks and this is our first time meeting back. I thought it would be perfect but he's in such a rush and he was acting awkward the entire meal. The only time he actively joined the conversation was when I asked about his time with Dharmann a few weeks back. I guess tiredness does explain why he's acting this way.

"Well... okay. I'll see you tomorrow, then."

He gives me a reassuring kiss and holds my hand."Thanks babe. Trust me, I'll feel alot better tomorrow."

Then he walks off after leaving the bill money on the table. It's nice of him to pay. He's so thoughtful, another admirable trait.

As soon as I get home, I shower, take Cali for a walk and shoot a few brand deals. My mom made me some chocolate brownies that I admit were pretty terrible but I ate them anyway.

After a long few hours of tiding out my closet, my phone rings. I decide to ignore it as I move on to carrying the trash bags outside. But before I can even leave the room, my phone rings again. Whoever is doing this has to wait. My closet has been dirty for weeks and I finally have inspiration to clean it.

I make my way back inside, five minutes later, to see my phone flashing and buzzing off. Who could possibly want my attention this bad? Well they have to wait.

I delay a little longer to go wash my hands as I was handling alot of dust and unwashed clothes. Who knew my closet was so disgusting? I mean I hadn't cleaned it in six weeks, not six months. Not to mention the dog poop under my shoe rack. I lost two good pairs of sneakers thanks to Cali.

I come back to see five missed calls from Elliana. What could she possibly want right now? I quickly type in my password and go into my messages. Of course Ellie is the first notification. I open her name slot to see what the hell was going on.

My heart stops as I read the message. There's absolutely no way.

"Ayden cheated on you in Vegas."