1.1

—————The beginning————

       The heat of the sun was blazing, shining on the people of district four as the waves of the ocean could be heard in the background. The once happy district, was not so happy but dreadful of what were to come. You see everyone outside of the district thinks that we are one of the careers, yet they are wrong. We fear the same fear anyone else fears, that of course if you are not a career.

        Sorrow fills everyone's eyes, years and years again seeing the young ones fight to their death. But it ends with me, though my brother doesn't want me to volunteer, he will still help me even if it were to my death.

        I stand in the section of the girls with my dirty blonde hair pulled up in a pony tail out of my face as well as a white dahlia stuck on top of the left side of my ear, wearing a light blue top with blue poufy shear sleeves and a long flowy skirt to match it, to match the beautiful ocean as well as my eyes.

         It's funny, the color white, the color white became the meaning of innocence, purity or surrender, ironic really. White being innocent like the kids that would step into the arena, only to be stripped of it, either by being killed or winning, but is winning really worth the killing of innocents, is it worth turning into a murder, a villain to some, the nightmares that come with it? why does it have to be, kill or be killed? Why can't the world live without the games?

         Questions I ask myself every year. We all know it's the capitols fault, yet no one can do anything unless the want a bullet to the brain. Or become an Avoxes and serve the capitol as a punishment. Honestly a bullet to the brain doesn't sound that bad all things considered.

          Turning my attention back to the stage I became anxious waiting for the drawing to finally begin. As I was looking around I spotted my brother, he was near the stage ready to make his presence known as he was a mentor due to being the last male to win the games, along with Annie being the last female but since she was deem incapable, the next in line to be mentor was Maggie. Maggie is more than a friend, she was a parental figure to us, after helping Finnick win his games, she's been there for the both of us.

          All of a sudden the palms of my hand became clammy as shivers ran down my spine as I see the escort Eloise Heartgood step on the stage to introduce herself, the same as every year. This year though Eloise had purple poufy hair, bold red lips and to go with it a dark blue dress, a matching corset and pointy shoulder pads, as well as a pink tint to her skin. We can't forget about the tint as it's custom to see the people from the capitol with a color tint to their skin.

          "WELCOME! to the annual 74th hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favor," The escort said with a loud upbeat voice through the microphone. "Now before we begin we have a very special film brought to you by the capital!"

           Now the video isn't special, it's played every year showing how the hunger games came to play, told to us by president Snow.

         Usually tuning out the sound of his voice and the film makes the time more bearable. Eloise had now started to say how it's time to select the male and female, which has caught my attention.

        "Now the time has come for us to select one courageous young man and woman for the honor of representing District 4 in the 74th annual Hunger Games. As usual, ladies first." Nervously I started to tug at my ear, a habit I adopted once I was eligible for the games. Ruffling her hand through the large bowl she pulled out one folded price of paper. The adrenaline had started to kick in. This is now or never, do it for the future

       "Stephane long" she read out loud through the mic. Gasps were flooding the air as the girl that was chosen was the youngest you could ever be chosen now or never now or never! DO IT!

        Running as fast as my legs could carry me, raising my arm. "I VOLUNTEER, I volunteer as tribute!" I stated strongly. there it was said and can't be unsaid, it was done no going back.

       Now at the edge of the stage. I started to walk.
"Okay lady's, gentlemen and everything in between!" Heartgood said with glee. "We have a Volunteer! And who might you be young lady!" Holding the mic as I walk up the stage with false boldness, you can do this be like Finnick.

       Taking the mic I hold it close to my face, I smirked at the people of district four knowing that the cameras were live I said.

"Well Caspian Odair of course," 

There is your FIRST chapter!
I hope you enjoyed
Comments and votes always motivates me to write more!!

Remember to
Stay hydrated
Eat something
you are gorgeous my loves
ENJOY!!

Till Next Time!
Signing out - Jas

[885 words]

[not edited]