The F*ck-It List

Chapter 0.5 - The Honour Statements

Things To Do Before I Kick the Bucket:

The Bucket List of one Mycroft Lancaster the Third

I, Mycroft Lancaster the Third, do solemnly swear that I will to the best of my ability, attempt to accomplish and complete this entire list objectives and goals until I am incapable of doing so because of my passing.

So help me God.

"Ugh, there are still 2 more hours left in my shift," I groan, hefting myself up onto the ridiculously huge desk to my right. I am tired, cranky and hungry. Not a good combination.

"Si-er-raaaaa," I moan to the secretary, who is giving me dirty looks as she tries to speak with whoever it is on the phone. "I don't wanna be here."

"Yes, Mrs. Hishinuma. Your appointment has been moved to Thursday at 1:45pm. We'll see you then... Yes, you too. Bye."

Sierra hangs up the phone and glares at me, as only an older sister can and watches, flabbergasted as I crinkle up all the important documents on her desk with my ass.

"Get off Kyleigh!" Sierra exclaims, shoving me unceremoniously off the edge of the desk. "How many times have I told you not to sit on my desk?"

"Too many," I respond from the floor. It's actually lot comfier than I thought it was going to be. "Which reminds me, I've been meaning to tell you that I really think you should get yourself checked for early symptoms of Alzheimer's. You've just been repeating yourself over and over and over..."

Rolling her eyes, Sierra swivels her chair to face me before replying, "A little tact would be nice Kyleigh. And you know how much I hate it when you sit on my desk. Not to mention when you interrupt me in the middle of a call with a patient. This is a hospital. I'm working. You're working, or at least, you're supposed to be. Come to think of it, shouldn't you be on the 4th floor right now?"

Smirking, I stretch out on the floor like a cat. "I'm taking a well-deserved break. I call it: naptime," I say dramatically, spreading my arms in front myself as if introducing someone.

Sierra kicks me with her foot. "Nuh huh. No way. You are not napping here. I am not going to bail you out again if Abby spots you slacking."

Pouting, I start whining again. "But Sier-raaaaaaa...."

"You sound like a 5 year old, you know that? Like a 5 year old who's been denied a chocolate bar in a grocery store," Sierra responds, eyebrows raised.

Then she spins around in her chair until she's facing her desk again and begins shuffling through some of the wrinkled papers.

"Now that you mention it, you wouldn't happen to have a chocolate bar would you?" I ask, rolling over to prop myself up with my arms.

Sierra rolls her eyes again, ignoring the question and proceeds to pick up a pen, ready to get back to her work.

"Oh! I just remembered something. You're driving me home tonight," I chirp.

Sierra spins around in her chair again, accidently whacking me in the face with her swinging feet in the process.

"Ow! Sierra!"

OK, so maybe it wasn't an accident.

"Since when?" Sierra growls back.

I glare right back at her before answering, "Uh, since my car decided to be a bitch again and not start!"

"If your car is on the fritz, how did you manage to make it to work this morning?" Sierra asks suspiciously.

My face adopts a guilty look. Avoiding eye contact with Sierra, I instead opt to stare at the ceiling.