Our Special Week

Might Contain Spoilers from Rift Apart 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a early morning on Sargasso. Ratchet and Clank have recently moved to this planet to be closer to their dimensional counterparts Rivet and Kit. It has been quite fun for the two of them settling in, meeting the Morts and getting used to their new surroundings. 

The alarm clock rang causing Ratchet to jolt out of his bed in excitement. He has mapped out the entire week of plans that him and Clank were going to do together.

Ratchet walks over to his robot pal and gently touches his antenna. "Today is the start of our best friend week"

Clank slowly opens his metallic eyes and looks at Ratchet who was smiling from ear to ear "It is already."

Ratchet shook his head vigorous before he grabs Clank and heads downstairs to the kitchen. 

Although the kitchen was a bit of a mess. Ratchet couldn't have been any happier than to cook breakfast with his pal. 

"Okay Clank here are the list of things that we are going to do this week." Ratchet sets Clank down at the table and opens up the list that ends up dropping to the floor and rolling to the table.

"That is a lot of things to accomplish in one week, Ratchet." Clank enjoys Ratchet's enthusiasm and the planning that he has done for their best friend week, but Clank didn't want Ratchet to set unrealistic expectations and goals.

"We will get it done." Ratchet pulls out the pans and sets them on the skillet. He begins to get the ingredients to cook the pancakes and eggs.

Clank was observing his friend closely. "Mind if I help." Clank loves cracking the eggs and putting them in the skillet and he didn't want to miss out on that.

"Sure thing pal" Ratchet goes over to the table, grabs Clank and puts him by the stove. "Here you go" Ratchet tosses Clank a few of eggs.

"Ratchet!" Clank had caught two of the eggs that Ratchet had tossed his way but the last egg hit him in the face and it began to slide down.

"Oops." Ratchet smiles nervously while grabbing a towel to clean Clank up. 

Ratchet begins to pour the batter into the skillet while Clank cracks the eggs and put them into the skillet. They were interrupted when there was a sudden knock on the door. 

"I wonder who that could be." Ratchet grabs Clank and put him on his back before heading to the door.

It was Rivet and Kit. Ratchet was so happy to see them.

"Hey there Ratchet how's it going" Rivet was fiddling with her fingers.

"It is going great! Me and Clank are about to get started on celebrating our best friend week" Ratchet informs with a huge smile on his face.

"What is best friend week?" Kit was quite curious.

"It's where you and your best friend hang out together and celebrate the week that you guys met on" Ratchet squeals in a enthusiastic voice. "I have a whole list of things planned out!"

"Oh how exciting!" Kit smiles holding her arm, rocking back and forth.

"Kit what happened to your arm." Ratchet was concerned, he bends down to get a closer look at Kit's arm.

"Well that's what I came here for. I need to borrow Clank." Rivet hates that she had to interrupt their best friends week especially during the start of it.

"You need to borrow  Clank." This news came so quick to Ratchet. His voice was filled with disappointment he has already planned so many things with Clank for the week.

"It's for a secret mission and it will only be for a few days" Rivet assures. She knew how much Clank meant to him and she wanted to bring him back as soon as possible so that they can continue celebrating their best friends week. " If I don't go on this secret mission then I won't be able to find the part Kit needs to get her arm and internal parts fixed."

Ratchet had a gloomy expression on his face. His ears were lowered, but he knew that if it was Clank in Kit's condition then he would have done whatever it took to get him back in top condition. "Okay." Ratchet grabs Clank and hands him over to Rivet.

"It is okay Ratchet once we return from the secret mission then we can continue our best friends week. I promise." Clank assures trying to cheer him up. 

Ratchet smiles. "Sounds like a plan pal."

"Can you watch Kit for me until we get back?"

"Anything for a fellow lombax" Ratchet nods his head. "C'mon Kit you're coming with me." 

"Thanks Ratchet I knew I could count on you." Rivet smiles gives Ratchet a warm hug.

This caught Ratchet by surprise he wasn't expecting a hug from Rivet but he would gladly accept it. He returns the hug patting Rivet on the back.

"Alright Kit I'm going to go and get the parts you need to get your arm and internal parts fixed. You listen to Ratchet okay." 

"Will do." Kit assures.

"See you soon, Ratchet" Clank waves at Ratchet.

"See you soon pal" Ratchet watches as Rivet and Clank leaves.

Kit heads inside Ratchet's apartment and Ratchet shuts the front door. The two of them sit on the couch together. Ratchet turns on the tv and begins to watch the news. It was awkward silence between the two so Kit decides to start off the conversation.

"This is a nice place you have here." Kit was observing his apartment as she swings her metallic legs. 

"Thank you." Ratchet replies still watching the news.

Kit could tell that Ratchet was currently out of it. "I know that Clank is not here right now, but maybe we could celebrate best friends week until Clank gets back"

"Nah best friend week is just a week for me and Clank." 

"Oh." Kit sighs having a sad expression on her face.

Ratchet sniffles then he notices that the food that him and Clank were preparing was burning.  

"Oh no." Ratchet springs up into action. He quickly takes the skillets off the stove and throws the food in the trash before he places the skillets in the sink and turns off the stove.

"That was a close one." Kit watches Ratchet clean up the mess. 

"It sure was. It would have been a disaster if it caught on fire." Ratchet agrees before sitting back down with Kit.

"Could we change the channel to something more interesting and cheerful?" Kit had the remote in her other hand.

"Sure go ahead." Ratchet didn't mind at this point. He was tired of hearing the same old stuff on the news. 

Kit changed the channel to Space Cadets it was her favorite show about super heros.

"This is your favorite show too! And is this a new episode?" Ratchet could feel himself fangirling.

"Yes and yes it is." Kit answers.

"Oh boy I have to get the popcorn for this." Ratchet gets up from the couch and puts the popcorn in the mircowave.

Kit couldn't help but to chuckle. "Popcorn for breakfast does sound quite appetizing."

After Ratchet finished the popcorn. He sat down with Kit and the two watched the latest episode of Space Cadets together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright everyone here is the end of my first chapter to this story. I am really liking how it is going. This is actually my first canon only fanfiction that I have written so I am looking forward to completing it. Thank you all for reading! Feel free to tell me what you think.