02. the way old friends do

imessage !

mason 💙

long time no see mate

brogan 🧸

we saw each other yesterday
what do you want

mason 💙

to see you again
catch up over coffee?

brogan 🧸

i suppose yesterday wasn't
long enough was it?

mason 💙

so that's a yes?

brogan 🧸

yeah if you pick me up
you seriously think i know
where i'm going in london?

mason 💙

that's fair
see you at 12?

brogan 🧸

perfect
see you then

real life !

"𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃'𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐃 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍." Brogan realised that the coffee place was literally just ten minutes away from her new house.

"Shut it, you'll know for next time." Mason chuckled as the pair sat with their mugs of coffee in their hands. "So, how have thing's been?"

"Like I said yesterday, great." The brunette said, slightly forcing her smile to make it more believable. "Got my fashion management degree, landed my dream job and loving it in London with Ben."

"A part of that sounds forced." The footballer could still read his best friend like a book all these years later. "What's been bothering you?"

"London." The girl shrugged. "It just feels like I'm doing it alone like this isn't what I was promised at all."

Although the city was the big dream, it had all gone by too fast for her to comprehend and not getting to say goodbye to Leicester properly. It was an experience she had wanted the couple to go through together but Brogan had never felt more alone with Ben hardly being there.

"Sounds like you need to talk to Ben about that one, I'm sure he'll come back around once the novelty of a new club has worn off." Mason tried his hardest to reassure her, although relationships really wasn't in his strength for giving advice. "I know what you're like, you always overthink things out."

"I can't even talk to him when I barely even see him for starters." Brogan shook her head in defeat to Mason's response. "I should've given you that chance back in secondary school, it might not have been like this." She chuckled at her own joke which received a light grin from him.

He did fancy his girl best friend for the majority of his teenage years but eventually shied away after every rejection and always accepted the excuse of 'being better off as friends'.