05. common people

real life !

After the most recent news articles circulating with the multiple cheating accusations, it was clear that both parties were not happy.

Frustrated to say the least.

When it came to the odd argument in their relationship, Ben and Brogan were polar opposites. Ben would never want to talk about it and remain rather stubborn, whereas Brogan was always the one to want to talk it out - although most times, she always apologised for things she didn't do.

"So we're going to accuse each other of going off with someone else and not speak about it? All I want to hear from you is that it's not true." Brogan had managed to keep her calm for the most of it, despite it feeling as if she was talking to a brick wall.

"So what if its not, your part probably is." The footballer spat back at his girlfriend. "Wouldn't be surprised at how many times he's been kicking about here since we moved."

"The only proper correct part in that was that he walked me to the door and I got the taxi back here on my own." She protested as it was becoming increasingly difficult to get the truth out of her boyfriend. "Did you go anywhere else with that girl?"

Ben huffed once again, his head about to burst with all the questions being asked. As stubborn as he was, there was no getting out of this one. "She came to the rest of the clubs with us, I think." He finally mumbled.

Brogan raised an eyebrow at the last two words of what her boyfriend had just said, slightly raising her suspicions. "What do you mean, you think?"

"I don't know, can't remember." The footballer mumbled once again. "What does it matter anyway?"

"It matters because you have your suspicions so I think it's only fair." The brunette shrugged her shoulders. "If you can't remember, I'll just go and ask some of the lads."

"You just can't let it go, can you?" Ben huffed in frustration. "You know, I really can't be dealing with this right now."

"Fine then, don't deal with it." The bitter tone strengthened in Brogan's voice. "It's only been problem after problem since we moved to London."

"And I wonder who's fault that could be." He said sarcastically, in an attempt to not get the blame pinned on him. "I'm off out, come back to me when you've let go of this." The last words were said as Ben slammed the front door behind him.

imessage !

mason💙
i'm by our fave coffee place
you want anything round?

brogan 🧸
no thank you
i'll apologise now if ben's been a dick
or will be

mason💙
what?

brogan🧸
nothing
typical lad thing yano

mason💙
i don't understand
i'm coming round

brogan🧸
please don't
that's the last thing i need

mason💙
i don't care
see you in 10

brogan 🧸
i said don't

real life !

Mason didn't read the last text message left on his phone and proceeded to go ahead to the pair's favourite coffee shop before stopping off at Brogan and Ben's place.

"I told you not to come by, Ben will flip if he finds out you're hanging around here." Brogan greeted the footballer at the door. "Why can't you take no for an answer?"

"What's the big issue with Ben and us being friends?" Mason shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee. "He's never said anything to my face about it."

"That'll be because he hasn't seen you since those articles were written up." The brunette sighed. "Between you and I, he think's I'm cheating on him with you."

"He's unbelievable." The taller boy shook his head in disbelief. "Just wait until I have a word with him, yeah?"

"No, Mase." Brogan bit her tongue in regret in what she wad about to say. "I think it's maybe best you keep your distance from us both."

"I mean if that's what you want then so be it." Mase shrugged as he walked away from the doorstep, not saying another word.

author's note !

finally another update, sorry for the delay!

thank you for 6k reads so far, that's insane for only being a few chapters in!!

all my love, b x