07. chelsea dagger

instagram stories !

broganscott added to their story

real life !

After seeing her most recent story upload, Mason thought there would be no better way than to go and surprise Brogan. It would at least give him some company, spending this match out due to a minor injury.

"Hello, stranger!" The footballer called, clambering over the empty seats to get to the one situated next to the girl. "Long time, no see."

"You say that as if I didn't drag you out with me last week." Brogan shook her head, laughing. "You not on the pitch this week, 'Money Mase'?"

The everlasting nickname wound the footballer up but nevertheless it stuck and he put up with that.

"Be original and think of your own nickname, 'Moneys' getting a big old." Mason jokingly rolled his eyes. "Went over my ankle in training this week, will hopefully only be out for a few weeks max."

"Don't lie, you enjoy the skive." The brunette jokingly bumped her elbow into him. "Even more for getting to enjoy my company, eh?"

"I've seen you more in these last few months than I did back home over the years." As he began reminisce over old times. "See London's not all that bad, getting to see my pretty face all the time."

"Don't flatter yourself, mate." The laughs and jokes were never ending until a familiar face was stood between the two, behind their seats.

Ben awkwardly stood there, awaiting for the conversation to end. "Am I interrupting something here?"

"Of course not, here's for good luck!" Brogan planted a quick kiss on her boyfriend's lips, Mason watched on awkwardly with Ben tightening his grip around her waist.

"Won't need it this time around, turns out I'm not playing today." The footballer chuckled as he sat in between Mason and Brogan. "Picked up a sprain in training, few weeks out."

"So you mean your sitting with us, are you?" Brogan questioned, as she could feel the awkward tension between Mason and Ben.

"Well, thats if you two don't mind." Ben put a slightly faker smile straight in his teammate's direction before sitting in between the pair. "I'm in the mood for some food." He laughed at his stomach growling.

His girlfriend could read him like a book. "Is that a hint you want me to grab you something from the stall?"

"Please, if you don't mind." He looked at her with a cheesy smirk on his face. "Thank you!"

"Only cause it's you." She jokingly rolled her eyes at him. "Would you like anything back, Mase?"

Mason simply shook his head in reply as he was now left in an awkward silence with Ben.

"So, mate... hows it going?" Ben finally broke the silence with the awkward remark.

"Great, just a little frustrating being out a few weeks now." Mason sighed. "Everything good with you and Brogan I'm assuming?"

"Course you'd know, you see her more than I do these days." He muttered to himself. "Starting to think you're her boyfriend nowadays."

"Are you for real?" Mason raised an eyebrow at him. "We haven't seen each other in years, I'm sure friends seeing each other a few times a week is normal."

"Not if they have history."

"What are you on about? Me and Brogan have always been mates, nothing more." He explained, even if Ben was having none of it. "If you're not spending anytime with her, maybe you should do something about that."

"Well don't you think I'm trying, by starting with you." Ben stood his ground, as Mason got up to leave.

"You're being ridiculous."

"Hey, what's going on? Where you going, Mase?" Brogan returned back to the seats with Ben's food, confused as to what was going on.

"Gaffer needs to have a chat with me, seems pretty important." Mason excused himself and left.

"Dunno what's gotten into him, he was acting weird the minute you left." Ben shrugged as he took the food from his girlfriends hand.

"You didn't say anything to him, did you?" She raised an eyebrow at him as the footballer shook his head. "Good." Even if she wasn't 100% convinced.

author's note !

How awkward! 👀

Apologies for my shitty uploading schedule which lasted a total of a week... lets forget that promise was never made!

From now on, everything will be updated as and when I can, no promises that this will be regularly.

All my love, B x