08. bide your time

real life !

Ever since the awkward encounter between Mason and Ben, Mason took this as his cue to back off from the pair. Not knowing what really happened that day at Stamford Bridge, Brogan took this as her best friend had simply ghosted her - even if it was out of character for him.

"Where are you off tonight?" Brogan looked her boyfriend up and down, who was dressed in some of his best designer wear. "Looking rather dapper tonight, you are."

"Down that new sports bar that's just opened." He frowned after realising he hadn't used his plus one invite. "I did ask you to come along, didn't I?"

Brogan raised her eyebrows at the stupid question as she pointed down to her pyjama bottoms and slippers. "Yeah, I intended on turning up wearing my best pair of jammies. Not to mention my grandma slippers..."

"I don't leave for another hour so go and get yourself ready." Ben insisted, even if she didn't want to go, it didn't look like she had much choice to. "Maybe pick out a prettier pair of pyjamas." The pair chuckled.

Shaking her head in reply, "No, no. I wouldn't want to ruin your night. Go out and enjoy yourself with the lads."

"What if I wanted to enjoy my night with you instead? We hardly do anything together anymore since we moved to London." Even if every night out here ended in tears, Ben was convinced he was going to make tonight a good one. "This time maybe you can get to meet the rest of my teammates, too."

"Suppose I can't hind behind the scenes forever, can I?" Brogan giggled, not having a say on whether she wanted to go or not. "Give me an extra half hour and I'll be ready." She said as she got up from the sofa.

"One last thing, Brogs." He blocked her way out the doorway and looked down at her. "I love you." Giving her a quick peck on the lips before she went off to go and get ready.

instagram !

broganscott my personal photographer is back x @benchilwell

benchilwell cheer up mate x
broganscott i can't i live with you
jackgrealish i feel for you brogan
broganscott thanks for the sympathy
benchilwell oi rude

user1 gorgeous

user2 i thought they were over
broganscott don't believe everything you read

madders still waiting for you to come down and see us
broganscott @benchilwell hint hint... i miss home
benchilwell isn't like we just moved away
madders exactly i miss you both
broganscott i miss diego more

user3 notice mason hasn't commented

user4 👀 so those articles aren't true

real life !

"Fair to say tonight's been a good one, eh?" The footballer held his grip around his girlfriend's waist, keeping her close to his side. "Good for you to finally meet the lads properly too."

"Suppose their not a bad bunch, prefer the Leicester lads though." She chuckled, receiving a playful punch on her shoulder from Ben. "If you're happy then I'm over the moon for you." Placing a head on Ben's shoulder before they were interrupted by a few of the players who were followed by a photographer.

"C'mon, get in it!" The photographer ordered Ben. "We need a few for the front cover." As the lads grouped together of what looked to be the first of many photographs.

"It's fine, I can wait." Brogan reassured him as she stepped away from the scenes. "I'll be waiting back here." As she took a seat at the bar, where she recognised a familiar face. "I got told you weren't coming along tonight, where have you been hiding stranger?"

"Thought I'd better show face." Mason replied rather bluntly, not even looking at the girl. "Just doing what I think Ben wanted to see."

"What's he done or said now? Is this why I haven't seen or heard from you since the Chelsea game?" The brunette frowned as he nodded his head in reply. "I got the same ridiculous accusations before, I thought he was well over it."

"I'll keep it short and sweet, he suspected there was something going on because I had a mad crush on you when we were teenagers." He shrugged, keeping a close eye on Ben's moves. "I better get going before he suspects anything else." Taking his drink, he disappeared into the mingling crowds in the bar.

author's note !

happy wednesday lovelies!

apologies for the short chapter but glad to announce im nearly halfway through the book, even if it has taken this long to get here.

all my love, b x