09. love will tear us apart

real life !

Ben didn't return from the 'few snaps'  being taken by the photographers with a few of the team. Phone call after phone call, he didn't pick up and with the amount of heads mingling around the bar, it was near impossible to tell who was who.

Brogan remained on the same bar stool, with the same drink in one hand and phone in the other, hoping her boyfriend would find his way back to her.

"You're still here?" A voice from behind the girl slightly slurred, giving her a hug from behind. Peering over her shoulder, she worked out that Mason had definitely found his way to the free bar downstairs. "Come on, come for a dance!"

Brogan shook her head and tightened her grip to her seat as the footballer attempted to get her up. "Sorry, can hardly shift in these heels." She chuckled. "Take a seat if you like." Patting the vacant stool next to her which he took up the offer.

"Where's Ben gone? Is he still here?" Mason squinted his eyes to look through the heaving crowd. "Left you on your own again?"

"By the look of it." The brunette sighed, downing the last of what was left of her drink. "Don't know why I'm surprised, happens all too often now."

"Sometimes I wonder why you're still with him." The footballer said, making Brogan raise an eyebrow. Even though he had a more than fair point.

"Between you and I, I agree." Brogan confessed and looked down at the ground. "London just completely changed everything just in a short matter of time. Six months ago, I was thriving. Now I don't even know who I am anymore." Wiping one of the few tears away, hoping Mason wouldn't see.

Mason took her hand in his as she looked up at him. Although it was out the blue, it was a comforting and safe feeling. The most she had felt in a while.

"Don't cry, you'll ruin that make up of yours. Can't have running mascara, can you?" He lightheartedly chuckled, as the last few tears were wiped away.

"Good point." Brogan giggled as she edged closer to the edge of the bar stool. "I better go and see if Ben's alright."

"Well, one last thing before you go." Mason smiled as he got off of stool, pulling her into a hug. "Sorry for ghosting you, if that's what they call it these days."

"And thank you for being my shoulder to cry on tonight, literally." She giggled, pulling her head away from the crook of the footballer's neck. "Stay in touch this time, yeah?"

"One last thing, Brogs." He lowered his head to meet Brogan's, leaning in where his lips met hers before the kiss was broken after a couple seconds.

Brogan stood there frozen, staring at Mason.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." Mason was full of regret, even though nothing he could do or say would make it any better. "I wasn't thinking, it was a drunken mistake."

"Or was it?" Ben stood there, having watch it all unfold in front of his eyes. "Or are you still not over that teenage crush of yours?"

"Ben." Brogan's jaw dropped as she stepped further way from either of the boys. "It meant nothing and you know that."

"Congratulations Mason, you won this one." He shook his head and shrugged in defeat. "I've just lost my own girlfriend to my teammate." Turning away to walk away from the two after realising he lost the best thing he ever had.

"Don't be stupid." The brunette attempted to go after him but was met by a swipe of his hand to get her away.

Following his exit out the bar, Ben was nowhere to be seen.

author's note !

well, isn't this an exciting one?

apologies for being so inactive again, i promise the next chapter won't be too long of a wait :)

all my love, b x