12. this charming man

mason💙

maybe i'm chancing my luck messaging you
but you can't avoid this forever

brogan 🧸

i've moved on from this
what do you want?

mason💙

so, you're back in london this weekend
and you need a place to stay?

brogan 🧸

funnily enough, i'm only here for the day
let down last minute so spending day in the old house

mason💙

how about we meet for a coffee down our old fave place?

brogan 🧸

i really don't think that's a good idea

mason💙

you said you moved on from it all
we're mates and nothing more, right?
it won't be awkward unless we make it awkward

brogan 🧸

you're not gonna stop pestering me
are you?

mason💙

nope
see you in an hour?

brogan 🧸

perfect
see you soon x

Brogan sat in pair's usual booth, with two cups of coffee sitting on the table, the only thing missing was Mason. Truth be told, she was nervous to see her best friend again after what happened the last time those few months ago and still doubted if meeting up was even a good idea. Even having Ben out of her hair, didn't convince her that this would be one of her brighter ideas.

She snapped out of her thoughts as Mason had taken a seat in front of her and taken the seat across from her. It was silent between to two as they greeted one another with a soft smile. The silence wasn't awkward, it was more a comfortable type.

"So, how have you been?" The footballer broke the ice after sipping his coffee and placing it back on the table in front of him. "It feels like forever since we last saw each other."

"Maybe for the better." Brogan chuckled as she held the cup in her hands, heating her up. "I'm doing well, me and Ben have decided to call it quits and I've got myself a little flat back in Leicester for the time being until I decide what I'm doing or where I'm going next." She explained as Mason nodded his head showing he understood. "Just back here today to pick up the last of my things and somehow find a way back home. Enough about me, yourself?" The girl was quick to change the conversation, not wanting to make it all about her.

"Not much, been a weird couple of months." Mason shrugged, taking a sip from the cup once again. "The whole teams been pretty divided over things but just got to keep our heads down and get on with it. I've learned the hard way that you can't please them all."

"If there's a hard way to do it then you'll most certainly find it." The brunette giggled at him once more. As the conversation got going, it was like nothing happened and that they hadn't seen each other in over a few months. It was just like old times once again, which both were more than grateful for. "I suppose things could be a lot worse for you, eh?"

Mason chuckled at her never ending sarcasm, although she did have a good point - things could've been awful. "Back to you, when are you having your housewarming party? I hope I'm invited!"

"Steady on, I need to actually move in first." She shook her head at him. "There's no way you're coming all the way there just to see a flat, I'll send you pictures instead."

"Last time we moved away, we lost contact." The footballer made a more than valid point. "I'm not letting that happen this time around!"

Brogan nodded her head in agreement as Mason's grin grew wider. "You'll be the first person invited, don't worry." With that being said, Mason needed no more convincing.

a/n: wowzie!! back to back updates, who would've thought?

thank you so much for 18k on this book, this is absolutely insane!! <33

b x