14. lost

Brogan woke up with a banging headache, dry mouth and no recollection of what happened around after 11pm the night before, what she did remember that Mason had stayed the night. She sat up in her bed and grabbed her phone, only to check the time to realised she had slept near enough into the afternoon.

"Finally, your awake!" A voice from the door made the girl jump out of her skin. "I've made you some breakfast, well lunch." Mason chuckled, entering the room and placing a cup of tea and plate of toast on the nightstand, which was always Brogan's cure to a hangover. "Still feeling the effects of last night?"

"Last thing I remember was offering you to stay the night, nothing after that." The brunette casted her mind back to last night, with nothing else coming back to her. "How did you know that this is how I take my toast?" She looked at the golden piece of bread, something she couldn't even get right herself most mornings.

"Remembered when we were teenagers, after a night in the town." The footballer grinned, as he took a seat on the edge of the bed. "Tea is how you like it too, not too milky." He emphasised. "Maybe you're glad you don't remember the rest of last night, lightweight."

"Hey, I'd drink you under the table." Brogan fought back, even though he was right. She was the biggest lightweight going. "Come on then, embarrass me. I'm sure I've done worse things on a night out."

"Well." Mason bit his lip, hesitant to say anymore. "You drunk texted Ben multiple times and almost called but luckily managed to talk you out of that one. Proceeded to tell me you love me, I don't know how many times, until you dosed off and I had to lift you into bed. I dread to think what those messages even said." He laughed, as Brogan's face flushed red in sheer embarrassment.

"As they say, drunk words are sober thoughts." She chuckled, if only that was true then Mason would be winning. "You know I love you as a best mate, don't you?" Those words only crushed him more, no matter how many times he tried to convince himself he wasn't in love with the girl, a feeling he couldn't get rid of for years. "Maybe said enough to Ben for him to have blocked me too, I've done and said a lot worse when I've been out."

"Yeah, best mate and also the best breakfast maker." He half laughed at her words, trying his best to get out of this awkward situation. "You've got to at least show me what you said to Ben, think we need a laugh."

"God, maybe I am a bit nervous now." Brogan picked up her phone and shuffled closer to Mason, allowing him to see the phone screen too. "Maybe I do need my phone taken off me after a few." She gulped.

brogan

benjamin
long time no talk

ben

it's 1am
what do you want

brogan

nothing

ben

then why are you messaging me this late
aren't you with mason?

brogan

sure amsleepover

sure am
sleepover

ben

and there you go with the boy you told me not to worry about
disappointed but not surprised
you win

brogan

oh don't be like that

seen 01.32am

"That is quite funny, like I'm ever going to see him again." Brogan shrugged her shoulders, not caring much on the situation. "I just hope he doesn't think that we are together, if you get me."

"Isn't like you have to train with him near enough everyday." Mason sighed deeply, knowing this would be the topic of conversation next time he would see his teammate. "What would be so bad about his being together anyway?"

"You what?!" The brunette raised an eyebrow at his question. "Your a nice guy, Mase. But, we're just friends, could you honestly imagine us together?" She chuckled, as his heart sunk a little at her words.

"I'm just messing, I didn't think I was all bad." He fake pouted, masking his feelings. "Suppose your bad, if not worse." The footballer chuckled, receiving a playful punch on the shoulder from the smaller girl.

a/n: eeee, mason friendzoned a good few times! poor lad :(

i'm all out of ideas at the moment, so please bare with me for updates!! as i always say, writers block is a pain and i can only apologise.

are you guys doing much this weekend?

nope, quiet one for me!

all my love, b x