FOURTEEN

*•*•*

*•*•*

Annora heard the front door open causing her to peak her head our finger bedroom door

Annora heard the front door open causing her to peak her head our finger bedroom door. The person standing in the foyer caused her to run down the steps hollering, "Granny O!" Annora skipped the last step and gave her Ophelia a gentle but tight hug. "Oh, hi, my little firefly." She reciprocated the hug giving her granddaughter a warm kiss on the cheek.

"Where's your mother?" Annora pointed her finger upstairs signaling she was in her room. Once her grandmother left to tend to her mother, Annora pulled out her tablet from the lounge scrolling through the many articles from the previous days.

She hasn't known much about Nate Lahey or seen much of him to be exact. She did however catch him once or twice leaving her home at ungodly hours.

*•*•*

It was roughly 8 p.m. a week later and was Annora sat at the bar in a nice restaurant between Laurel and Wes with Michaela and Connor, who was continuously glancing off to the side. She wore a red and orange shirt floral print dress as they were sort of dressed up for the type of restaurant they were in.

Michaela rolled her eyes, hand hovering over her drink as she peered at Connor. "Why did you drag us all here again? And please don't tell me we're celebrating Nate going to jail for us." Her voice turned to a whisper, leaning closer to Connor not wanting to draw attention.

Connor chuckled, slightly scratching the side of his face. "Oliver wanted to meet you guys." Laurel looked surprised as she read the label on her beer. "Your boyfriend knows who we are?" Connor faked a smile as he turned to look back at the entrance way.

Wes glanced at the girl next to him and smiled before he leaned down so his mouth was by her ear. "You look pretty tonight." Annora smiled at him and Wes' eyes suddenly widened. "N-Not that you don't always look pretty, just you-you... The dress looks nice, on you..." Annora let out a small laugh which Wes joined in embarrassment. "Thank you for the compliment, Wes."

The two of them turned seeing the other three watching them with small smiles. Connor laughed shortly before answering Laurel's question. "No, and he's not my boyfriend, but I do like him and would like to get laid by him, so everyone be on their best behavior. Oh, and I have a drug problem."