02 | hospital lights

It was the second week of school. Rosalie and I continued to hang out in music, then during breaks, and we had become... good friends, actually. She asked me questions about myself, but didn't tell me much about her. Bella was freaking out over Edward. She told me the jist of it, and that she "Didn't want to talk about it." So I let it go.

I hadn't really been feeling well that weekend, I hugged my coat even closer than usual and coughed into my elbow. My G-tube, which was used when I was in the hospital to deliver extra nutrients, felt like it had been swelling, and I was pretty sure I had a fever. I was calm, and Bella had made me make a doctor's appointment, but I continued to try and convince myself I was fine. Bella walked down the steps, and fell on some ice. I managed to laugh in-between coughs.

"You okay, Bells?" Charlie asks as he helps her up.

"Yeah, Ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated." Bella joked.

"Andie you okay?" Charlie turned to me. My coughing fit had ended. I nodded.

"Okay." He says with uncertainty  

.

I've made it to my last class of the day, but I only felt worse.

"You okay?" I hear Rosalie say from beside me.

"Yeah, just a cold I think." I cough again. I have the chills.

The teacher, Mrs. Williams, came up to us. She was a nice older woman, with red hair. "Honey, are you feeling okay?" 

I nod, but Rosalie says, "She said she wasn't feeling well, I can walk her to the nurse if you'd like."

"Yes, I think you should. Feel better honey." She says to me, and writes Rosalie a hall-pass.

"Are you okay?" Rosalie asks again as we walk down the hallway.

"I think it's my G-tube. I might just call Charlie, and ask him to take me home." I say, rubbing the spot around my G-tube. I wince and pull my hand away. It aches, and it's warm. "You didn't need to do that."

"Of course I did. I can take you to the hospital, my father works there." She says gently.

I nodded. "Okay." We walked outside to the school parking lot. "You drive this?" I asked as we approached a red BMW.

She smiled. "I like pretty things."

.

We drive silently to the hospital, the wind whipping my face. Rosalie keeps glancing over at me, worried.

We stop at the entrance, and Rosalie helps me in, I feel dizzy now, and my head aches. One of her cold hands slides around my waist and I use her as my cruch.

Dr. Cullen is there as soon as we get into the lobby. "Here, why don't we get you a stretcher." He says. "Jackie!" He calls, and a group of nurses run over. I feel light-headed now, like I might pass out.

As soon as I lay down on the stretcher, I pass out.

I wake up, and the bright lights of a hospital room nearly blind me. I turn to see Rosalie sitting beside me.

"Hey." I croak. My mouth is very dry.

"Hi." She says. "Your father and sister are coming, but Bella got a concussion from a bad fall so she has to get checked out first."

I roll my eyes and giggle slightly, "Of course she did. Thanks."

Just then, Charlie and Bella come racing into the room. "Andie." Charlie says in relief.

"Hey dad." I say, and sit up.

"How are you?" Bella asks.

"Okay, I guess." I respond.

"I'll leave you guys alone." Rosalie says, and walks out.

"So how long am I gonna have to stay?" I ask Charlie.

"They want to do surgery to replace your G-tube, so you'll have to stay the night tonight, and your surgery is tomorrow morning. They want to keep you for a night after that." Charlie says. I nod, it was shorter than usual. 

There's a knock on the door, and Dr. Cullen comes in. "Hello everyone."

"Dr. Cullen." Charlie acknowledges. He looks really worried, this is his first time without Renee being here for my surgery. He must be worried. I pick up his hand and he smiles at me.

"Hey." I say.

"So, Andie, you'll be having surgery on your G-tube tomorrow, I'm assuming your father already told you this?" I nod. "Good, So no food for the next 12 hours, only ice chips and water." I nod again. I know the procedure. "Okay, thats all you really need to know. Surgery is 11 AM tomorrow. I'll give you time to rest." Dr. Cullen says, and closes the door on his way out. 

"Do you want me to stay over?" Bella asks. She's always been the one who stays at hospitals with me when i'm sick or when I have surgery. 

I shake my head. "You don't have too. I know you were talking about how much homework you had. And Rosalie told me you had a bad fall." Bella raises her eyebrows at Rosalie's name. "Hey, Dad, could you go get me some water?" I ask so I can speak to Bella alone.

"So are you and Rosalie friends now?" Bella asks, "It doesn't seem like she likes anyone."

I shrug. "She's very nice to me. She helped me get to the hospital today."

"I'm glad you're making friends." Bella says. Charlie comes in with a bottle of water, and hands it to me.

"Thanks" I say.

.

Eventually Bella and Charlie leave and I slip into sleep.

My dreams largely include Rosalie... There's something about her that pulls me in, like gravity, and I can't stop it.

I don't want to stop it.

.

A/N

HELLLLLOOOOO

i loved writing this chapter and i love the rosalie x andie stuff!

see you soon

-lola <3