14. Having fun

I spend the whole afternoon having fun with my classmates. I am terrible at water skying! Even after several tries. I much prefer being dragged on inflatables of any sort behind a speed boat. Loved parasailing. That was really exhilarating and seeing Shouto smiling so much made my day. I remembered our chat the day before, when he was explaining that he didn't really have a happy childhood.

We end the afternoon with jetski rides.

"Do you want to come with me?" Shouto asks. "We can got to the island."

"Yes, do you want to drive there and I drive back?" He nods.

Wearing our life jackets, he climbs on and helps me to sit behind him. After a couple of instructions, we can leave.

"Hold on tight." I do and here we go.

The wind in my face as I look past him is such an amazing feeling. He accelerates forcing me to tighten my embrace around his waist and I feel good. We go towards the island while he swerves around every so often making me squeal and laugh. I can tell it's making him happy as I feel his hand on mine every so often.

Distracted by the fun we're having, neither of us has noticed a speed boat gushing in front of us. Thankfully, Shouto manages to avoid it. What the hell?!? What's going on with people. I relax thinking it's all okay but a big wave trailing behind the boat hits us and I lose balance, falling off the jetski. Trying to find my bearings in the dark waters, I swim towards what feels like the surface but suddenly I feel a heavy thump on my head and I black out.

I can hear my name from afar.

"Mikki! Mikki, please come back." Lips on mine, my chest feels pressed repeatedly. I can't breathe but manage to cough and feel some water leaving my lungs. "Mikki! Thank god!"

As I open my eyes, I see Shouto's panicked face before he embraces me. I'm on the ground, feeling wet soil between my fingers. He's holding me close and I sense my body warming up even before I realise it felt cold. I think he's using his quirk.

"Sh..." My throat... I cough again, my chest feeling heavy. "Shouto." I whisper. But he's not moving, just keeping me in his arms.

"You're okay now. Don't try to talk."

"What happened?"

"You fell in the water and I think you must have hit the jetski when you tried to come back up. That knocked you out." He looks down at me, worry in his beautiful bi-coloured eyes. "I... I couldn't see you..."

"You came for me?"

"Y... yeah, I dived in and pulled you back to the surface. I brought us to the island but you weren't breathing."

"You saved me?" I ask mesmerised by my gorgeous saviour. He doesn't answer but pulls me tightly against his chest.

We stay there for a while, me occasionally coughing. I feel completely wiped out and weak.

"We should go back and have you checked out."

"Okay." He helps me to stand up, holding me by the waist while we reach the jetski. "I can't drive us back." He chuckles.

"That wasn't an option but I'm worried you're too weak to hold onto me. Sit in front of me and I'll drive."

"Are you sure you can?"

"Yes. I'll go slowly."

After helping me on, my chest hurting, he sits behind me and holds me by the waist with one arm while holding the handlebar with the other. I clamp onto his arm and we make our way back. Once on the pier, Aizawa can tell I'm not right and he helps me out before I collapse in his arms.