15. The car stops

The car stops in front of the dorm and Shouto helps by taking my bag and offering his arm.

"I'm fine Shouto." I smile.

"I know. I just want to make sure."

I take his arm and we walk to the door. Once through, I hear a cheer and my friends are all there smiling at me, telling how much they missed me while I was in hospital. I feel blessed.

"So what did I miss?"

"Nothing you can't catch up. I dropped my notes for you on your desk."

"Thanks Midoriya, I really appreciate it."

"Have you had dinner?" Momo asks. "There's still some left over."

"I've had a light supper. I might have a few snacks later."

"You should get some rest."

"Shouto, I appreciate but I've had plenty of rest for the last week and a half. I need to study more than anything." I say, putting my hand on his arm. He has gone accustomed to my touch and doesn't jump or stiffens anymore, which is nice.

We go to my room and, as soon as I pass the door, I have a comforting feeling of being home. Who would have thought this would become my favourite place?

"Do you need anything?" He asks, dropping my bag on my bed.

"No I'm fine. Thank you for everything."

"It's okay. That's the least I could do."

"Can you drop the guilt please? It was an accident and you saved my life. You're my hero." I say wrapping my arms around his waist, hugging him. After a few seconds, I feel his arms sliding across my back, returning the hug. This feels so nice, so soft, I could fall asleep.

His embrace relaxes and I look up at him. His smile doesn't look shy or awkward anymore. I could just kiss these lips if we were at that stage.

"You should study." I chuckle. "What? Did I say something wrong?"

"It's like hearing my reason talking."

"Sorry... I just thought..."

"No! You're right. I need to get some work done."

He slides his hands along my arms, holding my hands, squeezing them. Why does he look so beautiful? He's so serious all the time, I love to see him soft and smile.

"Good night."

"Good night."

Once he leaves, I unpack my bag, put some music on and get on with work. After a couple of hours, I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in! Kiri? What are you doing here?"

He enters, smiling and rubbing the back of his head before dropping things next to me.

"Brought you a drink and some snacks."

"Thanks."

"I'm not staying. I know you have work to do. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't feel hungry or thirsty."

"That's really nice of you. I do forget to stay hydrated when I study."

"I had a feeling! Haha! Don't go to bed too late, we have class tomorrow." He says walking back to the door.

"Yes boss."

After he leaves, I finish the last of Midoriya notes and decide to take a break.

Putting the music a little louder, I grab a cookie and lay on my bed before I hear a tap on my window, which surprises me.

The window is opened because it's been so warm lately, but my curtains are gliding over the opening. When I push them away, I am shocked to see him standing there, yet a little excited.

"Bakugou? What are you doing here?" I whisper, conscious that my neighbours might be disturbed.

"Your music is too loud." I smile. "What's funny about that?!?" He whispers aggressively.

So he doesn't want to get caught here either.

"Nothing. Anyway, how? Why...?"

"I'm just above you and your music taste sucks so turn it down or close your window!"

"Why not using the door?"

"Be... cause... I was sitting outside of my room!! Quicker to jump down."

"Oh you're just above me? Oh yeah of course! It didn't click."

"Who bloody cares anyway? Just turn it down."

I step to my speaker and turn the music down before coming out. He seems puzzled. Maybe because I am not arguing back. As Aizawa said, I need to grow up. Everything is not just about me.

"Was there anything else I can help you with?"

"No! What else would there be you noisy dumbass." Oh good, I'm not a pervert anymore.

"You didn't just come down to check on me and see if I was okay?" Why do I love to tease him so much...?

"Tsss! Why would I care?!? You're an extra! I have more important things to focus on." He turns away leaning over the banister and I join him, looking at the beautiful coloured sky.

"I'm okay."

"I told you I don't care."

"Okay. I wanted to say thank you for keeping me warm the last night I stayed in camp."

"I didn't keep you warm. I used you to stay warm myself!"

"Thank you for using me." He scoffs.

"Why do you have to make things weird?"

"How am I making things weird?"

"I don't know, you just do."

"If by 'weird' you mean sincere, kind, nice then it's because I just don't want to fight with you."

"I'd win any fight against you." I chuckle.

"Not that kind of fight."

"Why does that matter anyway?"

"I don't know. I just think we're using so much energy against each other, it could be redirected to better use."

"I can't promise anything. Most of the time you're being a dumbass or a pervert."

"Hey that's not my fault if you had a wet dream about me." Whoops...

"WHAT?!?"

"Shhhhh!"

"How do you... I mean why would you say that?"

"You said my name." Let's see what he says to that.

"It wasn't you. It was another Mikki."

"Obviously."

"Did... did... you... I... do..." I see panic on his face. Is he hyperventilating?

"Oh... no!! You hugged me, said my name, that's it."

I don't have the heart to tell him he rubbed me in all the right places and since then, I can't go to sleep without thinking about it, about being in his arms under his touch. I... shit! I worked myself up like an idiot.

"Good. Wait... why did you say 'wet' dream?" Shit... "Why are you blushing?"

"You... you know... your... e... rec..."

"Wow! Wow! Okay!! Okay! God! I got it! Can it be more awkward?"

It could but I won't say anymore.

"I won't tell anyone." I bump against him.

"If you do, I will kill you."

"I know you will."

We stay there in silence for a while, looking at the sky changing colours until it gets dark.

I hope things will be easier from now on. I don't think anything will happen between us, but if we become friends, or as friendly as he can physically manage, it will be a good thing.