Picking Apples

Dawns's POV

I decided to go pick apples today, cause it was nice out and, the right time of the year. I liked being out in nature. I'm what the humans would call a fairy, except I'm not tiny. I'm fullsized, human height, and can morph from human to fairy. When I look like a fariy, I have purple tinted wings, purple hair, light purple skin, and my eyes are also purple.

When I'm in my human form, I have light brown hair, hazel eyes, and pale skin. I came from a demon demention known as Amerax. I saw a portal, jumped though it, and lived here ever since. I've lived here for three years. I live in a small apartment and work at a local coffee shop. I don't normally drive since everything is so close, and I don't have a social life either.

I grabbed my basket and headed towards the forest.

=================

I had some apples in my basket already, and had started to climb another apple tree. As I started to climb, I heard a voice behind me, "You're not gonna find any apples in that tree. I already tried. Plus, I'd hate to see you fall down and having me call the hospital."

I turned around quickly to see a man about the same age as me, and a little taller, with dark brown hair and green eyes.

"I'll be fine thanks for the heads up," I said back quietly, moving towards the next tree. I started to climb agian when I heard him say from above me "I'm Sebastian the way. What's your name?"

I looked up in the tree and said, "I'm dawn." Ugh. I never liked talking to people, but I can talk in a way that people talking to me won't know that.

"Wow thats a unique one. Haven't heard that before. Pretty too." I blushed a little, and whenever I blush, my cheeks don't turn red, they turn purple, like my non-human self.

"Are you okay?" he asked, obviously noticing my light purple cheeks.

"Um, yeah, I should probably go." I said, not wanting him to know what I really am. "I didn't mean to offend you I I just thought you were cold." He tried to say in defense.

"Yeah, well I'm just fine. Bye." I said, jumping down from the tree, and briskly running off.

(later at the apartment)

Knock, knock. Who could that be? I didn't have friends. I picked up my knife from the table, and approached the door. Slowly peeking out, I saw Sebastian. Did he follow me home? I opened the door all the way, hiding the knife behind my back. "Hi, um, you left this, uh, in the forest. Thought you might need it." He said, handing me the basket full of apples.

"Oh! I knew I forgot something. Well, thanks, bye." I said closing the door.

"Wait! I was thinking we could, um, hang out again, uh, sometime soon."

"Yeah....well...sure." I said trying to close the door again

"So here's my number if you wanna hang out soon," He said, handing me a paper with numbers on it.

"Okay... I'll call you soon." I said.

"Bye," I closed the door.

I didn't like being social, nor did I want to be. But I knew this guy would keep bugging me like this unless I hung out with him. So I guess I'll go to work tomorrow, and afterwards call him, and see if he wanted to hang out.