Getting Started

"Oh my gosh Desiree can you please hurry your arse up! You've been packing for like three months!" I rolled my eyes at my annoying (nonetheless loveable) best friend El. Her real name is Eleanor Stevens but she developed my nickname for her when she would always shorted my name to De when we were little. I wish there was a much more interesting reasoning as to why she got that but I can't lie!

I tried to think of some super sarcastic remark but all I could do was groan at her fake British accent. She always had a thing for accents, always a new one each week. However, she was correct. I HAD been packing for months. No amount of outfit pair seemed to make sense to me. Sure, I never had a super great fashion sense. I was into the high waisted shorts and faded shirts. Which I guess is how me and El are so different. She's more of the boho type; the flowy dresses with patterned jackets and the over worn flower crowns. She would always get all dressed up when we went out and I couldn't even be bothered to comb my hair half the time.

Once again, I let out another throaty groan while falling onto my plush bed where El and my other lovely friend Isabelle were both scrolling through their tumblrs. They had both packed about two weeks ago and we were leaving tomorrow. They both glanced up when I screamed into my pillow. Little fits of laughter erupted from both of them and they got up.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked when they started rummaging through my walk-in closet.

"We're helping your pathetic self get packed." Isabelle replied cheekily.

I didn't even complain because I knew I needed their help as much as anything. I decided to let them handle my clothes while I packed my over-night bag full of my necessities. I didn't have much makeup to pack, just basics; foundation, mascara, and Chapstick. Stuffing in makeup remover wipes, my blow dryer and straightener, and not to forget- all my little womanly items. I grabbed my iPhone charger and Beats and threw them in also. I hadn't even packed any shoes either so I threw in some TOMS, Nikes, wedges and a few sandals and two pairs of heels in case we decided to be fancy.

By the time I had collected my necessities, the girls had fully stocked up my wardrobe. And apparently, they were going to set up my outfit for tomorrow as my "fashion sense needs a makeover."

It was 5pm and we were leaving at 8am to start our trip. My mom called us downstairs to eat before we went to bed. We all sprinted past my little siblings' bedrooms and down the carpeted stairs. Luke and Jaxon had already begun to dig into their food. They were twins, both 8 years old and little devils. The curly brown hair and bright blue eyes were the bare minimum to their similarities. They were spitting images of my dad.

Elisa, my little sister was playing with her food. A mere 3 years old and already gorgeous. She looked just like me. The wavy brown hair, and golden/green eyes that turned a dark green when she cried.

My dad and mom sat at opposite ends of our long table. Dad was reading up on his fantasy football team and mom was emailing a colleague. I sat in the middle chair with El to my left (next to mom) and Isabelle to my right (next to dad) and we dove right into our last meal here. I grabbed a slice of garlic bread and added a mound of cheese to my spaghetti. Chicken Parmesan was my favorite meal and my friends were very fond of it too. We ate quickly and then we head off to bed, but not before saying goodbye to my siblings. We were leaving early and I didn't want them to have to wake up before we left.

~~~~~The Next Morning~~~~~

I was woken abruptly from my slumber to the annoying alarm I had set on my phone before I went to bed. I shook awoke El, Belle was already awake as she was a very light sleeper and woke up when I did.

Today's the day.
Today's the day we leave our small town.
To travel the country.
Three months.
Three best friends.
And the freedom of the road.

A/N: THIS IS SHORT IM SO SORRY BUT THIS IS THE START OF MY STORY AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE FREQUENTLY BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!
~Peyton