1

she was sitting in the bright, yet bland fluorescent lights of the even blander high school lunch room. she was intertwined in a conversation with one of her closest friends and yet she can't help her eyes which keep drifting behind her head to him, the boy she can't help but love, the other night and all the other nights actually were a mistake she can't sleep with him let alone fall for him, she thought as she was jolted back to reality by him standing and walking towards her. the closer he got the more nervous she was. as he approches the table her friends all immediately stopped all conversations, in fact the entire room fell silent. she could feel dozens of eyes on them but she couldn't care about anything by standing because she can't but think "don't let him think you're intimidated by him" as he finally stands in front of her his eyes darken and he leans in until his face is centimeters from hers and mutters "i can't do this anymore" she seems to scrunch her face in regret or hurt no one can really tell, as she's thinking about what to say or do she opens her mouth to say something but before she can form the words she feels his hands grab the back of her neck and pull her forward. as if it was a reflex at this point she moved her hands to his waist and the back of his neck. in what feels like forever they both pull away, she sees him smiling that ever so perfect smile and can't help but smile back. "charlie we can't do this, what about-" he cuts her off by grabbing her hand and pulling her out of them room until they are alone, pushes her up against the wall looks her in the eyes with his seemingly perfect brown eyes and simply states " it's you i can't stop thinking about you and i don't care what people say or do".

of course that all happened months ago.

what about now you might ask

well let's just say he did care.