Debauchery

Trailer above.

"We'll meet again in another life, won't we?" I ask him as everything seemed to fall apart around us.

"Yes, and in all the ones after that."

I glance around with dread. I have never been so afraid in my life. My breathing is tense; I can feel my heart racing a hundred miles an hour. Our bodies are pressed together, and I notice the fog of his slow breath in the air between us. He is strangely... calm. The music echoes in the giant hangar which makes trembles erupt from the bottom of my spine. Nothing disturbs the silence that lingers between us. Nothing except my heavy pants. His large hands, whose temperature contrasts with the freezing air of the warehouse, cups my face, leaving me with no choice but to meet with his dark eyes.

His face is relaxed, with his cherry lips parted and his breath slow. Despite the inevitable death awaiting us, he shows no signs of distress. A distant muffle from behind alerts my ears, making me break eye contact in haste.

"We can die any moment now, Harry..." I whisper in a shaky voice.

I feel the fear of death gripping me onto its seat while my body refuses to budge from place. My chest suddenly feels like a hundred pounds, and my brain fizzles out into a cloud of denial. My arteries are drenched with adrenaline, making me abandon the four senses that I need the most at this moment. I am going crazy listening to the haunting paces of the music, knowing that its end would be our end. Tears will their way toward the corners of my eyes. I have one more blink left before the salty liquid glides down my perspired face. I can sense the distant, imaginary clock around my presence, slowly ticking away the limited time we have left in this lifetime.

"Everything will be fine. Just focus on me, angel." His raspy voice rings around my ears in comfort.

His words pass through one ear and leave through the other as my brain rejects his consolation. My body is suddenly on hyper-alert. Every little shuffle, mumble, footstep and breath is making my heart drop. My throat suddenly feels dry. I swallow painfully, trying to distract myself for my own sanity. Everything was black outside the halo of light that illuminates us, making me feel like this warehouse stretched on for miles with no end. I can't even hear his breath anymore.

"Ace, look at me," he orders.

I gaze at his lush green eyes, glowing from the only light in the hangar above us. I want to savour this image for the last time.

"I'm scared, Harry", my voice cracks, "I don't want to die, not after all we've been through."

He tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear with a small smile.

"You'll be fine, baby. Focus on me, on the music. Dance with me till we take our last breaths, love."

He grabs my wrists and places them around his neck, placing his own hands on either side of my waist. I stare into his eyes with a sad smile; our bodies slightly sway with the music. I am used to his little nicknames, but death just put things into a whole new perspective. My heart breaks a little, realizing that this may be the last time he ever calls me these names again. He holds me close; a protective arm slung around my back as he refuses to loosen his grip. His eyes are filled with remorse of some sort, pleadingly burning into mine as if he has something to get off his chest.

Is it this ? The premise of my death. As if nothing else existed, as if the last minutes of my life are supposed to be spent with fear and horror. After all I have been through, should I be afraid of death ? While I was worrying a few minutes ago about the moment when everything will end forever, why didn't I enjoy those eyes that will no longer be able to admire me, those arms that will no longer be able to surround me ? Suddenly, a loud noise sounds out of nowhere and my heart stops while I search for its origin.

"What was that ?" I ask; fear compresses my lungs, making me unable to breathe properly.

"I love you, Ace."

I stare at him wordlessly; my arms suddenly loosen their grasp around his neck. He notices my reaction and looks at me in dismay. A tear rolls down my cheek, but before I can say a word more, I suddenly acknowledge the deafening silence around us.

The music has stopped.

-

Ace is very worried about her brother, who lately seems to be heading for the wrong side of the law. Ready to do anything to protect him, she finds herself thrusted into a violent world filled with evil people whose secrets exceed her darkest lies.

-

TW

drugs, vulgar language

violence, murder

sex, mental health

The topics are related to a totally fictional world, however you are responsible of what you read. These are mature topics, read at your own risk.

Not allowing translations.

-

English is not my first language so please be understanding. There may be a delay between chapters, especially for writing, but also for proofreading, for which I have someone who speaks fluent English. However, I'm open to corrections / advices on my writing ! :)

-

With that being said, welcome to the debauchery.

-

DEBAUCHERY

written by aaliceperret