Chapter 1.☁

I woke up to an empty bed. It was something I was always used to these days. Waking up with my love not beside me was a constant thing we used to fuss about.

But it got old. He worked in the FBI, and there will always be crimes, so he had to stay on his A game. Whether it be at the dark hours of the night or the wee hours in the morning.

Criminals never cease to amaze. But, enough about my thoughts. I sat up, and stretched thoroughly before getting out of bed reluctantly.

I shuffled throughout the house with my fuzzy, pink bedroom slippers on I checked the time, and groaned all at the same time. "5:30?" I mumbled to myself.

I wasn't feeling this 'morning thing'. If you know me, you know I'm not a morning person. I turned on the coffee pot, and grabbed my mug from the cabinet. I

played music softly: 'Brighter Than The Sun' by Colbie Caillat. It wakes me up in the morning.

As I hummed along, sipping my coffee, I heard the door open, and a grunt. "Good morning to you too, babe." I called from the kitchen.

I took another sip of my coffee, adjusting his large T-shirt I had on that exposed maybe a little bit too much of my hot pink Victoria Secret underwear.

Derek walked in the kitchen, looking at me briefly before taking a deep sigh. "Good morning baby girl." He kissed my head, putting his arms around me.

I took in all of his features, rubbing my thumb lately across his strong jawline.

"Why were you out so early today?" I asked, going back to the newspaper I was reading. Call me old fashion, but I prefer a newspaper in the morning over my cell phone.

But maybe that's just me. "Hotch called us all in for a case in Virginia Beach." He took a seat at the counter, closing his eyes. I walked behind him, rubbing his tense shoulders.

His lips parted with a deep moan. "You're really uptight, baby." I stated, kissing my neck softly as I continued to get all the kinks out of his shoulders and upper arms.

"I know. This week has been a bit too much." He took his vest off his torso, and removed his gun from his waist, handing it to me.

"You have to take it slow, Derek," I told him, as I emptied out the deadly weapon. I guess you could say I learned a few things after being with Derek for over 3 years.

"You can't let it stress you out." He nodded in agreement, resting his elbows on the table. "I know, I know.." He mumbled, as I put his unloaded gun on the table.

"Come on, baby." I took him by the wrist, leading him to the couch. I sat him down, resting against his chest. "I love you, Kirsten. I really do."

He gave me a small smile, and I couldn't help but return the adorable gesture. "I love you too, Derek." I answered, kissing his lips softly..