Closed book part 1

It was a rainy Monday morning when Harry realized that Eve wasn't there in bed with him. The feeling of waking up alone wasn't unfamiliar to Harry since almost everyday Eve would leave for work without a word. This routine wasn't ideal for him, but he learned to accept it after realizing that his several attempts to change it were pointless since they would almost always end up with Eve winning or shutting them down, so after a while, he just decided to put it off and accept it, however, something about this particular morning set Harry off after he looked at the clock and noticed that it was 5 am, so he stood up and headed outside directed towards the kitchen in hopes of finding her, only to see her phone in the kitchen counter and not a single sign of her.

Harry became alarmed at the fact, his reaction being a product of a series of the strange behavior Eve has shown throughout the week, from getting sketchy texts and calls in the middle of the night to standing up in the middle of a conversation and walking out of the apartment in order take a call, making it clear to Harry that her intention wasn't to avoid being a burden but to hide something from him, and then adding the evident change in her mood and slightly worried look in her face when looking at the screen, and now her absence at such an unusual part of the morning for her and leaving her phone, it was the last straw for Harry, it placed him in a position of skeptical thinking, where his mind was wrapped around one thought and one thought only, something wasn't right.

Harry's mind is troubled while trying to understand where Eve could be. At this point, his main concern was to get Eve's phone to her since he didn't like the idea of her walking around without it. Instead of running in circles, he decided to take action and do something to find out how to.

Then his mind traveled back to when they were on the bed later that week on a chill night with the notebook playing in the background, even tho non of them were paying attention to the movie, since Harry was too distracted reading a book meanwhile Eve was on her phone, and that's how it went for a while, that until Eve received a call that to Harry's surprise she took in front of him instead of standing up and leaving like she usually did when answering a phone call, he paused his reading as he curiously watched her reach for something on her nightstand cabinet, it was a note pad and a pen that was gifted to her on the first week of her new job at a marketing company as an intern. Harry watched her write something down and say goodbye to the person on the phone this time with a bit of a smile, which was uncommon because regularly when she got out of a call, she would have a look of distress or irritation on her face, Harry knew best not ask or mention it because he knew how it would end and he much rather be at peace with her than at war wich also something that he accepted with the time since he knew too damn well that she had him wrapped around her little finger.