Work

Zoe POV:

My alarm clock blared, giving me a great wakeup call at 5:00 AM. Note the extreme sarcasm on the great part.

As much as I did not want to admit it I knew two things. One: today is the first day of school at Briar Wood High School. Two: I have to get up early of I will be late for my job. Most people consider it pretty weird that I wanted to work at sixteen. I mean both of my parents had stable jobs. My mom Maddison Russell directed lots of music videos for many famous singers, like Kira Ford. My dad Nick Russell owned R&Rs auto repair shop. The auto part was sort of a lie, since the best type of work my dad could do was on motorcycles. Any other type of car and he'd be a little clueless, even if he's to stubborn to admit it. The first R stood for Russell and the other R stood for Rocca my moms maiden last name.

Grunting I finally managed to convince myself to get out of my warm cocoon of blankets and start to get ready, all while cursing myself for taking up Mr. Dean on this job. Quickly I pulled on light blue skinny jeans, a red t-shirt and a old, but in good shape leather jacket that my dad had given me. To finish off my first day of school look I quickly pulled on a bracelet that held a small chunk of aquamarine in the middle, framed with gold.

After a quick brushing of both my hair and teeth I deemed that my ADHD was not doing a good job at keeping me hyper. Oh well a sugary breakfast and large cup of caffeine can fix any problem.

As I hurried down the stairs I passed my twin brothers Noah's room, knowing very well he would not be up for a half an hour. Weird. People always say twins are alike but we aren't much like each other. He loves everything technology related, while I love to be in nature and around animals. He eats healthy, I load myself up on sugar and caffeine. I guess there are a couple things besides our parents we share though. Both of us like basketball, and are protective of the ones we trust. But if your looking for more similarities even in our looks you wont find much.

"Morning Zoe," greeted the warm voice of my mom, who was still in her bathrobe nursing a cup of coffee. My mom Maddison or Maddie to our dad, was a gentle person whose smile would light up the room the second she entered. Mom was also the kind of person you didn't want to piss off. I didn't manage it often but when I did it was bad

"Morning mum. Now what's for breakfast, I'm growing and as a parent it's your job to feed me?"

My mom just ruffled my hair playfully, completely used to my antics at this point. "I made French toast for breakfast. Before you eat could you go get your dad and Noah up. I tried but dads attached to his work and Noah's attached to his comforter."

"Yeah mom, I got it," I chirped opening up the door in the kitchen that attached to my dad's garage.

Inside I found my father with the hood of his Red Harley motorcycle attempting to fix something in the engine. I also learned some rather ahem, colorful vocabulary before he noticed that I was in the garage with him.

"Hey Zo-zo," he greeted his face already smeared with soot from the Harley. "You sleep alright?"

"Hey dad, how's the motorcycle going? And yeah I slept alright ."

He cringed. "Eh, Fiona here is being a pain in my as- butt. She's getting pretty old." My dad added sounding like he announced my grandmother only had a couple of days left. Then again that motorcycle was his baby, fourth only to me, Mom, and Noah, so it was about the same thing.

"Well come on out breakfast is ready, and don't worry," I added when his sea green eyes widened in worry, "I won't tell mom about all of the vocabulary you teach me. Can't rat out my main supplier."

"You ratted out your Uncle Xander," he replied raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Guess I was feeling like a brat. Besides I was five and mom or you hardly swore so I was curious what it meant."