30. I crawl up

I crawl up and before he has time to finish his sentence, I kiss him... and... he kisses me back, his arms naturally wrapping around my back. Wow! I can feel his hands caressing me, and his tongue brushing my lips sensually. He is so good at this. My heart is pounding in my chest. My body heating up. I'm kissing this super handsome guy. He's smart and attractive, strong and a bit cheeky, he's... Hawks. HAWKS! HAWKS? I'M KISSING HAWKS?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

I open my eyes which were closed as I was enjoying it so much, and I stare at him. He soon opens his as I have stopped moving my lips but they are still attached to him.

I prop myself up and sit back quickly. Shit!

"I... I'm so sorry!!" I babble freaking out.

"No!! It's me! I'm sorry! You're drunk and I shouldn't have taken advantage!" He says sitting up.

"I pinned you to the ground! I kissed you. You didn't do anything wrong."

"I did! I kissed you back when you're obviously not yourself."

"I am myself Keigo." I say, eyes wide opened, sobered up yet on a high, my heart racing making me feel like my chest is gonna crack open.

"I guess you are..." He rubs the back of his neck. "In that case... what's the problem?" He chirps.

"What... what's the problem?" He nods. "You're... like... Hawks! HAWKS! Number two Hero?!?"

"In Japan, I am. In France, 'you' are number two as well. I think that's a pretty good match don't you?" He seems so relaxed about what just happened, I don't get it.

I'm feeling so hot right now. Where's the breeze coming from. I need the breeze. Wait... is he...

"Are you asking me out?"

"Haha! You could say that we just had our first date! Unless you'd prefer something a little more formal?"

"We just had food and drink... between colleagues. That was not a date. To be a date, I'd need to know it's a date."

"That can be arranged. I'll make sure to let you know next time."

"Next time? Listen, you need to stop messing with me. This was nice but it was a bleep. You don't really want to 'date' me."

"Oh... I'm not your type." He looks down, visibly hurt.

"No! You are! You're totally my type." His face lifts up, a smirk on his lips.

"I knew it." Damn he got me!

"I mean... you're not repulsive."

"Too late, you said I was your type." He says, helping me to stand up. I chuckle.

"So what if you are. I know I'm not."

"Smart, strong, gifted, driven, courageous, gorgeous, sensitive, caring. I think you are definitely my type."

"Are you playing with me?" I now ask suspiciously.

"I'm not. I swear!" He says lifting his hands as if surrendering, yet walking towards me. "Listen, I like you. We work well together."

"Mixing pleasure and work is a bad idea."

"How about... once you catch Le Chiffre, you give me a chance then."

"Once I get him, I take him back to France."

"I think you will need a sabbatical after you catch him. You've been running after him for months. You'll need a break."

"A sabbatical in Japan." I state crossing my arms, looking out at the city lights from the top of the building. "I don't think I could have a sabbatical but I could do with a change."