31. Only a month

Only a month after catching Le Chiffre's minions, we managed to arrest his right hand and an interrogation by an acquaintance with an irresistible quirk allows us to gather all the information we need to organise a raid on his compound.

After a strategic meeting with a few heroes from Hawks' agency, I go home. The raid will happen in a few days and I need to clear my mind. I'm quite anxious. I feel like I am so close to my goal and I don't know how to relax to head onto this next stage clear minded.

Once back in my apartment, I changed into comfy clothes and come back to the living room. Noticing a shadow on my balcony, behind my closed curtains, I am first cautious but relax straight away. You can't mistake the shape of that shadow.

A few gentle taps on my window later, I open the curtain and window and let him in.

"Evening." I greet him.

"Good evening."

"Why are you here?"

"Are you not happy to see me?"

"Haha! I see you all day."

"And you're already tired of me?"

"That's not what I said." I answer walking to the kitchen to get myself a drink. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Coffee."

"Decaf."

"Fine."

He sits on my sofa, man-spreading, his arms on the backrest. He looks inviting.

"Why are you here? I thought we talked about all the details."

"I wanted to invite you to a gala."

"Really?" I am confused. "When?"

"Tomorrow night."

"I don't know. It's a bit close to the raid. Don't you think?"

"It's the perfect timing. They won't expect us to raid in the middle of the gala season."

"Season? How many are there?"

"A few. This one is the police department gala."

"Okay. If you think it's a good idea..." I say placing his coffee in front of him, before I sit over my leg on the sofa.

"How do you feel?"

"Anxious."

"It's just a gala! I'll take you shopping." I chuckle.

"I'm not worried about the gala and I can go shopping by myself."

"I'm surprised."

"By what? The fact that I can choose my own clothes?"

"No. The fact that I ask you to be my date and you accept without fighting or conditions."

I shuffle closer to him, to the point that I am face to face with him, against his chest and I feel his finger circling my shoulder before he wraps my back.

My hand on his pec, I whisper.

"Now why would I argue?" He smiles, feeling victorious.

"You said after Le Chiffre got caught."

"You said it. To me."

"I did?!? I'm an idiot! Forget what I said."

"Okay."

My hand sliding to his nape, I pull him to my lips as his other arm joins in to keep me tightly against him, pushing me down to lay me on the sofa.

He might have a make out session in mind, but I don't, so before I lay down on my back, I push on his chest, back to a sitting position.

"I'm sorry. I thought."

"The sofa is just not that comfortable." I say standing up and offering my hand.

He stands and follows me to my bedroom.

"Mikki. I'm sorry I underestimated you."

"Honest mistake."

"But what about the not mixing pleasure with work speech."

"I was drunk. I didn't know what I was saying."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Hawks, don't take it the wrong way but... right now, I want you." He chuckles, sliding his arms around my waist.

"Why would I take it the wrong way?"I place my finger on his lips shutting him up.

"I like you but I don't know where this is going and I don't mind. Because I'm not looking for something deep and meaningful. I just wanna blow some steam. Might as well do it with someone I like, someone..." I drag my fingers through his hair. "Attractive and..." I kiss him lusciously feeling his tongue joining the fun. "Skilled. If that's not what you want then let's keep it as work, otherwise..."

I take my top off, left in my satin bra and lay on the bed, waiting for his reaction.

He rubs his hand behind his neck and I suddenly second guess his intentions. I was pretty sure he would be up for it but maybe I was too confident.

If he doesn't move in the next two seconds, I will feel very embarrassed.

Most of his feathers drop to the floor and he takes his jacket and top off. Phew!

I grin widely at the site of his beautiful chest and, seeing him crawl over me with an irresistible smile, I tremble in anticipation.

Stroking his cheek as he lays over me, his golden eyes burn me with desire.

"You scared me there."

"I just can't resist such an offer."

"You're so weak."

"Haha! How am I weak? What if I was just very smart?"

"Oh so you managed to make me ask you to sleep with me?"

"I did."

"What a mastermind. I feel used." I say jokingly, feeling his thumb brushing my cheek. "Maybe I should ask you to leave."

"You won't." I raise an eyebrow interested by his reasoning. "You are desperate to know what it's like to sleep with an older guy."

"You're not that old."

"I was 'old' the other night."

"I was just teasing you. I love to do that."

"I've noticed."

"I'm sorry." He kisses me softly.

"I like it. Don't stop."

"I won't." He kisses me again, more deeply this time.

He so sexy when he talks to me with his playful tone. I can't believe I've managed to hold it together until now.

"You're so gorgeous." He says nestling between my now opened legs.

"You're very..." I restrain myself from call him 'pretty' as I know he doesn't like it, even though I think that's the best descriptive for him. "Handsome."

He smiles, knowing what went through my mind.

"I am? I'm not... pretty?" I laugh.

"Enough talking." I say, pulling him to my lips before he attacks my neck, making my body shiver from excitement.

This is exactly what I wanted, what I needed.

Thank you.