U

The ambience was familiar and warm. Like the color orange. I had a glass of wine in my hand, which had been filled multiple times. It was a hot summer evening, and the alcohol burning my throat made it even warmer. The sweat on my skin made my chair sticky. And the food was almost too much to handle.

We wouldn't stop talking and even though we were almost screaming, our table was not the loudest table by far. Words came out of my mouth like trains and my posture wasn't as correct. I had put both of my feet on an empty chair next to me, loosened my shoes and fully laid on the chair back. My logic wasn't as sharp but my sneers and smirks sure were. I looked around at the people with me, and I felt love. Lots of flight hours together, it is said to make us humans bond.

Then he stands up, does a little curtsy pose and smiles like a child. Now he's looking just at me, like no one else is around, and with a deep low voice says:

-Miss lady, would you dance?

I stand up, and laugh with him. Looking into his sweet honey eyes. Because he... He has beautifully sweet boy eyes, did I tell you? And they shine with a hint of mischief, just for me.

His hand is soft, warm and a bit humid. I take them and feel electricity through them. As I get closer, I can smell the alcohol on his breath. He must feel just the same. Too much wine, I'd say. But it feels perfect just like that.

We start moving with the music, with a respectful distance between us. Waltzing our way to the center of the dancing floor. When we reach the middle, our eyes lock into each other, and I can't stare anywhere else. I don't want to. Our table is no longer in sight. Almost as if the crowd was shielding us. Most intimate place in town. On a bold impulse I let my hands wander on his back, caressing on their way, and I pull him closer. My head can finally rest on his shoulder, and his lips can finally kiss mine. I intensely desire I could stay there forever. I feel love, and love is orange.