Home-Run Hitter - A KHR oneshot

Home Run Hitter

"Good luck, you two." I wished my friends – Miakis Sawada and Yamamoto Takeshi – a good luck for their game. If they won this game, they'd play the American team for the international playoffs. This was the closest they'd ever been to a real championship, and I was happy for them.

"You'll be there, right?" Yamamoto asked as Miakis frantically looked for her hind-catcher's glove.

 "Of course! Everyone will be!" I chirped. Yamamoto grinned.

"Great! You're my good luck charm, you know that?"

I blushed. "I am?"

 He nodded. "Yeah, totally!" And with that, the two ran out of the prep room and out the doors. Now, to find my seat.

"Go Miakis! Go Takeshi! Go Ishida!" The crowd cheered as the trio – the pitcher, the hind-catcher, and the first baseman – scored a double play. Three outs. That was it. That was the game. They...won!

"We did it!" Miakis exclaimed, crushing Yamamoto in a bear-hug, and then giving the same treatment to the other boys on the team.

Before any one could do anything else, an air-horn blared and the announcer came on the screen. "Would a Miss Miura Haru please come onto the field?" My heart stopped. Why did they want me to come on the field? Did I do something wrong?

As I made my way onto the field, the team chuckled and snickered at me as Miakis arrived on the field with two microphones. She ripped off her helmet and began to speak.

 "Haru-chan, you know you're an awesome friend and great girl, so that's why I'm going to do this. This microphone is not for me. It's for you."

 She handed the microphone to me and I looked up. Yamamoto had the other one. "Now!" She exclaimed. The field's lights were all directed towards Yamamoto and me.

"H-Haru-chan." Yamamoto said. "I-I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now, but I needed to make a mark on you, so that way when you remember this, it'll be a good memory. Um...we've just won the international playoffs, so this seems like a good time..."

 I swallowed. "A-A good time for what, Yamamoto-san?"

Yamamoto blushed.

"Will you go out with me?"

The stadium fell into a silence and it was almost like I could feel the heat from their gazes on me. "Y-Yamamoto... I don't know what to say..." I said, on the verge of crying.

Yamamoto flashed me a big grin. "How about "yes"?"

 I nodded. "O-Okay! Y-Yes!" Yamamoto scooped me up into his arms and kissed me. The stadium erupted in cheers.

...yeah, it was the best kiss of my life.