The Beginning

Hello everyone! I realize this is not a romanogers moment, but I thought since  seeing the Black Widow a few days ago, it would be fun to write my own solo BW story. Let me know if you guys like this & if you want me to continue!

_________________________________________________________

I didn't ask for this life.

I've felt like my entire existence has been in the control of an unknown entity, controlling the wheel, while I am just trapped in the trunk of the car.

When I escaped from the Red Room, it finally felt like I was in control of my life, that I was the one calling the shots. Little did I know how naïve that thought really was.

Natasha pauses to look out at the view of the ocean. After the Civil War and the disbanding of the Avengers, she took Steve Rogers' side, and was now a wanted fugitive. Natasha decided that instead of hiding out in some dark, enclosed bunker, that she would hide out in a bunker with a view. Thus, she settled on a remote location in Greenland.

Natasha continues writing in her journal,

Not only am I no longer in control, but I have let a monster grow out of control.

Natasha holds her breath, debating whether she wants to write these thoughts down. Back when Wanda shook up the Avengers while she was assisting Ultron, Wanda showed her a piece of her past that she had long distanced herself from. She didn't know who else to turn to, since none of the Avengers had a childhood that consisted of brainwashing and training on how to be an efficient assassin. She told Steve about it awhile back, and he recommended writing her thoughts out. She didn't consider engaging in journaling until everything fell apart.

____________________________________________________________

One week prior

Natasha was at one of her safe houses in France, restocking her travel bag with amenities that she would need for her trip to Greenland. She hadn't been to this safe house in years, so seeing things misplaced here and there didn't make her think twice. Natasha was zipping up her bag, about to leave when she turned around and she was there standing in front of the door.

"Yelena?" Natasha gasped staring at her lost "sister" from her early years in the Red Room.

"Hello, Natasha," Yelena replied with her thick Russian accent, "for someone who is supposed to be a master of espionage, you are terrible at picking up when someone is in your apartment."

Natasha stared at Yelena dumfounded. She thought that Yelena had disappeared or even died back when she left the Red Room. "I thought you were dead?"

"I am standing in front of you, am I not?" Yelena looked at Natasha, sizing her up like she was about to attack, "then how could I be dead?"

Natasha was about to answer when Yelena lunged herself at Natasha. She shoved Natasha into her kitchen cupboards, smacking her head on the wooden pantries. Natasha tried to land a punch, but Yelena was one step ahead of her and grabbed her by the neck choking her upward. Luckily, Natasha had some glass plates out, and she reached beside her with her free hand and smashed one onto Yelena's head.

Natasha was freed from her grasp, and she stood gasping for air, while Yelena picked herself up from the ground. "Why are you doing this?" Natasha asked, sounding exasperated.

"I have been sent to kill you, that's why I'm doing this," Yelena replied grabbing a shard of broken glass from the plate and leaping at Natasha again, plunging the glass into her shoulder.

Luckily, Natasha was quicker this time, and she was able to pull out her knife strapped to her thigh and stab it into her abdomen.

This bought Natasha some time and she dashed over to her fallen bag next to the table and pulled out her gun. Natasha was about to raise her head when her knife came soaring past her ear, landing in the wall behind her.

"I never knew you to miss," Natasha said looking back at the knife sticking out of the wall. She turned back to face Yelena, and she was standing in front of her with her gun cocked.

"I learned from you to cause a distraction," Yelena replied coolly.

Natasha stood up with her own gun pointed at Yelena, "are we really going to do this?" Natasha asked with her eyebrow raised.

"You ask too many questions," Yelena replied.

In an instant, both Natasha and Yelena did the same gun-dismantling technique and they held eithers gun in their hands. Quickly, Yelena kicked her gun out of Natasha's hands, sending it flying across the room.

Natasha knew Yelena and knew that she wouldn't shoot her. Natasha paused with her hands up, "truce?" she asked smirking at Yelena. 

Before Yelena could reply, Natasha pushed aside the gun pointed at her and punched it out of Yelena's hands. Natasha then shoved Yelena against one of her apartment windows, and ripped the curtain off the rack, and managed to tie it around Yelena's neck. Yelena was quick, too, and she managed the other end around Natasha's neck until both were pulling with all their might until the either passed out.

Natasha began tapping at her neck to signal Yelena to release her from the grip, but Yelena was unrelenting. Natasha was trying to hold on for one more gasp of air, and then Yelena blacked out from Natasha's grip. Before Natasha could get up, she blacked out, too.