25. Broken promises

(Ps-Anyone still with me?)

Sarawat POV

They say there is no such thing as falling out of love but why do I feel like that's an absolute lie?

I'm currently lying next to him. He looks so peaceful asleep.

I haven't seen him for weeks now and I wasn't having it. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to surprise him by paying a little visit. He didn't look as happy as I wanted him to be when he saw me. It hurts.

It hurts..it hurts like hell to see you...falling out of love with me.

My breathing go heavier. I clasped my shirt tightly to hold the tears forming in eyes to stream down my face- to hold myself from crying.

You're lying right next to me but why does it feel like there are millions of miles between us?

Where are you, P'Tine?

Where did you go?

I looked at the sleeping figure beside me and softly brushed off the strands of hair falling past his eyes. A bitter smile spread across my face.

"Where are you, huh? Please come back to me. I miss you" I pleaded my sleeping boyfriend, in a very soft low voice which was barely audible, careful not wake him up.

I could clearly feel...see him drifting apart and it is very frustrating to not know why. Where did I go wrong again?

But I had faith in him...in us.

And I fell asleep knowing that I was right next to him. My safe place.

"Hey, Rise and shine, sunshine" A gentle mellow voice bought me back to the reality from my dreamland. It feels like it's been a quite a while since he used that tone with me.

Did the Cupid hear my wishes last night and gave me back my Tine?

A bright smile immediately spread across my face. I missed waking up like this.

"Good morning phi" I said. My voice was croaky from just waking up.

As I was about to open my eyes, I felt a hand patting my hair lovingly and felt the mattress beside me sinking a bit.

I opened my eyes to see P'Tine sitting right next to me and staring down at me with all the love in his eyes.

"Mornin', Wat" He said and bent down to kiss the temple of my forehead. For a second, everything felt like it went back to normal.

He was wearing a crisp white button down shirt with fitted black pants. "What a sight to wake up to" I whispered, grinning sheepishly.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair again, making it messier than it already was, resulting in me pouting and him chuckling more.

"I'm off to work now" He said and took my hand into his "Bye baby. Take care of yourself" He continued with a sincere smile and there was a hint of sadness in his eyes.