Outside Help

Saiki didn't usually stay home from school.

When he did, it was usually because Teruhashi had thought up another way to annoy him.

Teruhashi was very persistent when it came to getting what she wanted. So much so, that she had planned to confess to Saiki at school. Luckily, he caught wind of it the day before, so all he had to do was stay home. He knew that after a day of doubt and hesitation, she wouldn't do anything.

The leader of the PsyKickers wasn't there to supervise.

"Hey, Big-Boobs!"

Aiura turned around, not very surprised to see Toritsuka running after her.

"Hey, I told you not to call me that! What do you want?"

"I need your help. There's this girl in my class, and she's really- I mean, I like her, and I want you to tell me my compatibility with her! You have your crystal ball?"

Aiura snickered.

"Dude, I can tell you right now that there is, like, zero chance she would ever go out with you."

"Hey! You don't know that!"

She picked up her bag and waved at him.

"Fine, I guess I'll humor you. C'mon, this classrooom's empty and we have ten minutes until class!"

Aiura pushed two desks together and set down her crystal ball in between them. Toritsuka sat down on one desk and she sat at the one across. Aiura looked into her crystal ball, deep in thought.

"Well? What does it say? Do I have a chance?"

Aiura looked up at him and laughed.

"Hey! What are you laughing at?" He yelled, slamming his hands on the desk. "What's the number? You have to tell me! Stop laughing and tell me already!"

Aiura wiped her eyes and scoffed.

"Zero percent."

Toritsuka groaned.

"Aw, come on!"

Aiura shrugged.

"I told you."

"Do I have a soulmate?"

"I seriously doubt it. Not everyone does, you know."

"Who's your soulmate again? It was Saiki-san, right?"

Aiura blushed and fanned her face.

"Mayyyyyyybbeeee?"

"Hey, what's your compatibility with him? Because I really can't imagine him lip-locking with you. Or any girl, really."

"Hey, I actually haven't checked that yet! Great idea, Tori!"

She excitedly gazed into her crystal ball. As the number became clearer, she started to frown.

Toritsuka tapped her on the shoulder.

"What's it say?"

"O-one percent..."

"Really? Why?"

"I-I don't know. I thought I at least had a chance..."

"Maybe he likes someone else? Or someone else likes him? Platonic soul mates? I don't know, you're the expert!"

"Well, I guess it wouldn't be so bad to be platonic soul mates. But I doubt he likes anyone. And I don't think anyone likes him besides that pretty chick in his class. Her aura is nuts, dude. If he doesn't like her, I doubt he'd like anyone."