1

When it came to the small town of Forks Washington everyone talked when there were big things going on. The return of the Swan sisters would certainly be talk as Charlie was so excited for Bella to return. But everyone had always known Beatrix was the quieter sister and more of a background person. 

The plane from Phoenix had finally landed in Seattle and Bella was waiting for Beatrix to get through security. "Hey, so did you get through no problems?" Beatrix nodded and Bella glanced at her. "You do know that nobody needs to know, right?" A simple shrug was all she gave and Bella sighed. "Mind giving more than shrugs at school?" 

Beatrix looked at her making Bella chuckle. As they walked out, Beatrix was quick to put her bags in the trunk of Charlie's car and Bella sat up front. "Your hair's gotten longer," Charlie casually commented to Bella. 

"Mm. I cut it since last time you saw me," Bella mused. She glanced back at Beatrix and saw she was looking outside to see what was around. They had gotten to the house and walked inside rather quickly as Beatrix did not like to be outside long. Bella and Beatrix always shared a room while they were spending time with Charlie. Beatrix looked at her bed and smiled at the bedspread. "At least Charlie knew we had the same favorite color." She nodded and then sat on her bed. "Hey are you going to tell anyone that, you know, you're-?" Bella knew what she wanted to say but never said the actual word. 

Mute? Yeah no thanks. They don't need to know unless asked. I can do sign if I have to with the teachers. Might make them think twice. Bella chuckled at her sister's face to the question and then looked at her sister who had her tongue out. What? It's true. I'm sure I'll confuse the heck out of the new teachers and annoy the crud out of new kids. 

"Okay but be nice around people would you?" She nodded and then saw someone arriving. "You focus on unpacking. I got them," she promised her sister. 

While Beatrix was unpacking she noticed that Bella was getting a lot of attention from the kid that was with the man in the wheelchair and she rolled her eyes. Everyone eyed up her big sister and that was something she was used to. She grabbed her schoolbag and walked out to where her sister was waving. 

The arrival at school was met with tons of looks and Beatrix ignored over half of them as she was pretty well used to it. As she got the map copy from Bella with her schedule she smirked seeing some Junior classes and sophomore classes in her schedule. A kid approached Bella making Beatrix walk faster as she didn't need to deal with the guy who gave off literal creep vibes. Unlike her sister she had map and eye coordination. 

Arriving at her English class she saw a kid with honey blonde hair standing by the door and she looked confused until the male teacher approached. "You must be Beatrix Swan. I'm Mr.Mason and I'll be teaching your English class. I received your medical note from your old high school about you being mute. So don't worry about being called out." 

She nodded at him and over the entire lecture she literally transcribed the entire thing in a new way as Literature was her favorite topic in English. Walking out of the classroom though she saw the kid with honey blonde hair walk over. "I'm Jasper Hale. I'm sorry if I creeped you out. I saw you trying to keep an eye on me." 

Can't blame you for noticing. I try to be discreet. I heard from Mr. Mason about how you are the peer tutor. He chuckled at her and she looked at him. Wait? You chuckled. Did you hear me? He nodded and she glanced at him shocked. How? I've tried for so long to get someone to hear me.

"Call it a natural affinity for the strange," he chuckled. She nodded and as they walked to her Biology class he smiled at her. "My little brother Edward and then a good friend who is my adopted sister? Alice is in this class. He'll help you out as well as her." 

Walking in she smiled as she sat beside a girl who clearly must have been Alice as she smiled and showed the open seat for her. Sitting beside her she smiled and shook her hand. "I'm Alice." 

Beatrix. Though I'm sure you can't hear me. Do I need to sign or write? Alice smiled and shook her hand again before messing her hair. Hey! The curls!

"I'll get Rosalie to teach you how to tame those things," she promised. As the lecture prorgessed, Alice noticed that Beatrix accidently dropped her pencil and as she went to grab it, Edward leaned back and gabbed it before handing it over to Beatrix. 

"There you go," he chuckled and she smiled at him. "I'm Edward. Also don't worry about Mr.Banner. He doesn't notice much with us. I'm Edward." 

"Beatrix can't talk," Alice explained calmly and Edward chuckled at that. He did look at her and she smiled at him. "How about you sit with us at lunch?" 

"Wouldn't be a bad idea," Edward admitted before the bell rang. He noted she had extensive notes on the lecture about planeria. "No offence but aren't you grade 10?" 

I proved academic intelligence in Phoenix and they moved me up a grade in the sciences and English. I went back down in English to appear somewhat normal. He looked at her and she paused. Okay, blink once if you can hear me and twice if you can't. He blinked once and she looked at him shocked. 

"Trust me. You're not the biggest oddity in society." As they were walking together throughout the day, Beatrix smiled to herself thinking the best of a situation. Maybe she wasn't going to feel so alone in Forks after all. 

Bella drove her home with her after a bit and then looked at her. "Tell me the truth. Does Edward not like me?" 

No! Edward's used to being the lone kid in bio and his family has almost a sort of pact thing. I broke that for them because Alice, who's as happy as a pixie took me to them. They're cool. Emmett's a little scary but still. Bella laughed at her and she smiled. 

"I'm glad you're making fast friends. I don't want you to be alone again. You always were back in Phoenix and most times came home covered in something." 

To put it nicely. As they got out of the truck they saw a tarp covering somthing and Charlie walked out. "Dr Cullen heard you both were back and how you got a truck Bella. His kids also mentioned you to him and he thought since you had your G1 and a motorcycle's license you might enjoy this," Charlie greeted pulling off a tarp to reveal a Ducati. "He said Jasper and you met today and his son and daughter put it together but have no real use for it." 

"Whenever you meet Dr Cullen you'll have to thank him," Bella responded and she nodded at that before going inside

"Whenever you meet Dr Cullen you'll have to thank him," Bella responded and she nodded at that before going inside. Now Beatrix really wasn't concerned about her life in Forks. She had friends and now didn't need to worry about a ride should Bella leave earlier.