Prologue

>◆<

"Teacher?"

"Hm? Yes Faith?"

"Who are the people comming here?"

"They're here for a checkup on you and your siblings, darling."

"But teacher why do we need a checkup? We're not sick"

"Yeah we're healthy! See?!"

"Oh Kayden, I can see you're very healthy darling, but they're here for a blood test."

"Blood test?"

"Yup, to check if something bad is in your blood."

"But- but that's so scary!" Teacher raises her hand and pets Kayden.

"Scary things like this can dissapear into thin air! With the help of kind nurses and doctors that will nurse you back to health. Which is why you all must be brave alright?"

"Alright teacher"

"Yes teacher!"

"O-okay"

"..yes"

>◆<

"Faith, come here please"

"What's wrong teacher?"

"..."

"What?"

"..you have the disease, Faith."

"What?!"

"IS SHE GOING TO BE OKAY TEACHER?!"

"Oh Nox, she'll be alright. She has to go to a hospital, to get cured"

"B-but I don't wanna go! I'm fine! See?! Healthy! Strong! And.. a-and.."

"Darling, I don't want you to go too.. but its for your own good darling."

"When will Faith have leave us?"

"Today"

"WHAT?!"

"F-faith.. I- I-"

"This can't be real?!"

"..its for her sake, the disease is dangerous. The earlier she goes the earlier she can come back."

"I- ... I'll go pack my things"

"Faith Noo-"

"Marie, Faith has to go"

"Teacher! Can't we let her stay here and recover?! LIke when we have colds?!"

"No darling it won't work."

"How could this happen..."

"...I wonder too"

>◆<

"DI461-709, Faith. You are to become the next heir to the Ratri clan"

"WHAT?! WHA- RATRI?! HEIR?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

"calm yourself child, we're not here to harm you. We're here to prepare you for the responsibility of the Ratri clan"

"But- I'm just an orphan! I'm still a young girl I can't possibly-"

"You don't have a choice here girl. With the Ratri blood in your veins your future is already planned."

"Thats-"

"Enough. Bring her to the guest room. Give her some time to process and she'll be told the truth, tomorrow. I don't have much longer"

"Stop- stop unhand me UNHAND ME!-"

"From now on you will recieve and will inherit the noble last name, Ratri. Be grateful child, for there many who wants to be you"

.

.

.    

.

.

"...What have they done?"

>◆<