[002] day by day, week by week.

••••••
| 𝑆𝐼𝑁𝐶𝐸𝑅𝐸𝐿𝑌, 𝑁𝑂𝐵𝑂𝐷𝑌. |

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴏᴅʏ ᴠᴀɴᴅᴀʟ ɢᴏᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʏ ғᴀɪʀ,
ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴇxᴄɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ.

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴏᴅʏ ᴠᴀɴᴅᴀʟ ɢᴏᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʏ ғᴀɪʀ,ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴇxᴄɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ

𝑇𝑊𝑂 | 𝑝𝑟𝑒-𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

𝑇𝐼𝐶𝐾𝐸𝑇 𝑆𝑇𝑈𝐵𝑆 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝐹𝑈𝑁𝑁𝐸𝐿 𝐶𝐴𝐾𝐸𝑆.

"𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖 𝑑𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡,
𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑖 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙."

(ᴛᴡ; ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ғᴏᴏᴅ, ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ, ᴀɴxɪᴇᴛʏ.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT: Kody Vandal is not an emotionless asshole. He simply just isn't. The reason why so many people confuse him for a complete dick is because his mouth is always relaxed into a frown and his eyebrows curl downwards which makes him seem angry. He enjoys the simple, quiet things in life -- walking down the streets of Hawkins alone at night, eating meals in his room with his door shut, working on school projects by himself. Perhaps it's the fact that he's just a tiny bit antisocial that makes people think that he's a bad person or, at least, a very negative one.

But again, he isn't a pessimist. He's definitely not the most optimistic person you'll ever meet, but he's never actively searching for everything that's wrong in the world. If anything, Kody Vandal is a serious person. Over the years, he's learned that there are important things that he needs to take seriously, and his once carefree personality dissolved quite quickly after the birth of his younger sisters. His first job was babysitting them and making sure they were fed and tucked into bed on time whenever their parents were out. He's grown overprotective of them, and he feels as though he needs to be a role model for them -- a real one.

If teaching his sisters to be strong and clever runs the risk of him having to grow up a lot faster than most kids do and work like a parent does to make sure that his sisters are okay, Kody will do it without any hesitation. For his sisters, Kody would give up the world.

That's why when Loretta tells her only son that she has a present for him (and for Audrey and Caroline as well, except she doesn't trust them to take care of their part of the gift) and she pulls out three tickets to the County Fair that's coming to Hawkins next weekend, Kody is a bit hesitant to agree. Now, the doubtful concern that Kody feels as he listens to his mother explain how she can't come with them and how he'll have to take Audrey and Caroline himself on the day that they go is not there because Kody isn't grateful. Not at all. Actually, it's quite the opposite.