Chapter 1

It was hard dragging myself out of bed, I must admit. It's the end of May, but we still have the April showers throughout the country, ruining any hopes of summer. It's me though, the show must go on. I can't be late to my beauty appointment, I need to look my best - I'm meeting the whole England team after all, they're all so good looking too (don't tell Southgate though, he can be protective at times)
I don't know how my uncle even agreed to let me join him in mentoring the team for the euro's if I'm honest - I've only just finished my A- Level exams with no clue of what the future holds, but who am I to complain? I'm spending summer with the England team, after all. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not looking for a relationship... especially after what happened with my ex, I'm an independent woman - I don't need a man, and it's staying that way.

*You get a call from Gareth, your uncle*
——————————————————————————-
'Hello?'
'Hi y/n," he says with excitement, 'how are you?'
"I'm good," I reply, "just on my way to my appointment now, what time shall I be there to meet you and the team?"

He waits a few seconds before replying

"Not sure, does 3 ish sound good?" he says hesitantly, "then we're going for a meal at around 7 at The Ivy, would you like to join us for a bite to eat?"
"Yes, that's  a good plan" I reply, "I'm at the salon now though, I'll speak in a bit okay?"
"No problem, bye" he says before hanging up
——————————————————————————-

I giggle with excitement as I put my phone back into my bag and step into the salon ready to get pampered up by my favourite beautician, Claire.  I spot her from across the room and run to her in excitement, ready to tell her all the gossip.

"Hi gorgeous! How have you been?" she asks, as she swoops me into a warm hug
"I've been so good! You'll never guess what's happening today" I reply

She sits me down at a baby pink cushioned chair as she gets all the equipment ready to start on my nails

"So what would you like?" she asks
"I'm not too sure, to be honest.." I reply hesitantly, "I'm thinking maybe something plain and classy, maybe these on my hands, then just plain white on the toes?"

I show her these nails:

"All good, those would look amazing on you - what's the occasion?" Claire asks, as she starts to do my nails"Well

"Well..." I continue, "I may or may not be meeting the England team today to spend my summer with them..."

She looks at me in excitement

"Oh. My. Days," she exclaims, "y/n, you're so lucky!"
"Am I?"
"Yes, I'd die for that opportunity," she replies, "although be careful with them, I've done a few of their exes nails... and they weren't very nice people, very rude and demanding"
"Spill the tea," I demand, "who's ex?"
"Grealishs' ex, Liberty... and a few more, but I won't get into details" she replies, laughing

After a few hours of pampering, I leave the salon with my nails freshly done, toes freshly painted, my eyebrows done and my confidence through the roof. Now is the moment, I suppose. I step into my Mercedes and quickly drive home to change my outfit into something much more elegant and business appropriate.

This is the new outfit

After changing, I get back into my car again and drive to the stadium where the players had just finished a quick friendly game, whilst listening to my playlist

Southgate calls again whilst nearing the stadium
——————————————————————————-

"Y/n" he cheers, "where are you?"
"I'm almost there," I reply, "what's everyone doing?"
"Not much if I'm honest, just having chats before they get ready - I haven't told them you're coming for the summer yet, it'll be a surprise"

My heart drops, I'm slightly nervous, but nobody has to know that - I'm y/n after all.

"Sounds great," I laugh, "I'm right outside now, I'll see you in ten"

—————————————————————————

I hang up the phone and pull up in front of the stadium in VIP parking. This is it. There's no going back now. I enter the stadium and go to the front desk, waiting patiently to be seen and taken to the players.