The Meeting

It was a chilly, fall evening in New York City. The Avengers were sitting on the top floor at the Stark Tower. The adults sipped wine and watched wrestling matches while their kids played video games in the next room. Tony was in the kitchen peeking at the TV while pouring marshmallows, graham crackers and Hershey's milk chocolate into separate bowls.

He tossed a marshmallow into his mouth. "Hey grown ass people! It's time for s'mores. Grab your kids and start heading outside." It took a while to make the kids quit the game due to a big 'Mario Kart' battle. Everyone was eager to watch. Thor cheered on his son when he caught up to Loki's daughter, Alaina. On the last lap, she threw a koopa shell at his character. This made her in the lead. She ended the gameplay in first place. She smiled at everyone. "And Princess Peach has won the game!" Thor's son groaned, but shook her hand. Loki slid onto his knees and raised his arms into the air. "Yes!! That's how it feels!"

The fire pit surrounded everyone with warmth. Laughter and joy echoed through the streets. Tony tapped his glass with a butter knife. The attention was immediately on him. "I'd love to thank everyone for showing up tonight. It makes me feel great seeing you all enjoy this moment. To the Avengers!" He held up his glass. The crowd repeated the same action. The kids held up their s'mores. "To the Avengers!" they said.