~TWENTY-FIVE~

"Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky." -Sonia Gandhi.

  <°•°•°>

Dedicated to Ini_oluwa26

  •AYO•

The morning assembly was over and as usual, because it was the first day of a new term in the New Year, we stayed longer than normal and that's saying a lot. It was better for me because I'm a prefect and I didn't get to stay in the Assembly.

As the male health prefect, I had to punish those boys who came to school untidy— and there were a lot of them. Nina dealt with the girls. It was stressful and almost hard to control the ones in SSS2. 

I had a little help from Ore Jumai. That boy had a way of maintaining control no matter how playful or unserious he was. He had that charisma of a leader. The other students who were being rebellious when I punished them, behaved when Ore showed up.

On a normal day, for a normal person, one would have been jealous...'cause it looked like you couldn't handle your job and that another person came to steal your shine.

But I didn't see it that way. Ore was hard not to like and I think I see the reason he was loved by everyone here at school. Besides, he was my friend now. We were never close before, and he only waved at me occasionally when we met together for track practice.

It was the day of that small get together — my birthday — organised by my girlfriend that we kinda formed a bond. Suffice it to say that, that day was a very different day for me because I was able to socialize more even though I didn't go all out with it.

And honestly, it was kind of a relief to have other male friends apart from loud - and- always - cussing MJ. I really loved MJ and all but my guy still didn't understand what 'quiet' meant. Plus, having others male friends keeps me from feeling the pressure I feel each time. Being with them was just real fun.

I found out that Ore had a stupid sense of humor. Much like me. But apart from all his smiles and play and stuffs, something about him did not connect. Even though, he tried to hide it, I saw through him. I could tell he had something he wanted no one to know.

Again, much like me.

We both had something to hide.

Didn't know what his was but mine...

Hmmm

I wasn't sure if any other person noticed but I did. Anyway, Jeremy was a total vibe, always teamed up with MJ to shout sometimes and hype me.

Fred was okay too. Insecure but just okay. He'd laugh and say stupid things, constantly annoying things too but he was a good person. As to why he was insecure...well, probably because among all of us, he was girly.

And to me, it wasn't bad. He was also very funny.

And it's all thanks to my awesome girlfriend, Nina, without whom I won't have even known I could have other friends.

In the short time that we became friends, then started dating, she's shown me a lot, changed me a lot, taught me a lot. One, being the reason I actually talk to other people without being paranoid.

She carried this aura, so that anywhere she went, she spread love all around and made people smile and happy.

She helped me come out of my shy shell and even faked being ill so I could speak on the Assembly. I thought I was going to pass out that day. Thought I was going to embarrass myself and all...but she made me discover I was actually a good speaker, when I was meant to be.