34. Where is he?

Where is he?

"Hello gorgeous." I hear coming from behind me. "Looking for me?"

"I was yes!" I say annoyed.

"Sorry? What did I do?"

"No! Nothing! I just have a bad feeling."

After taking my hand, he walks us to the middle of the dance floor, twirling me around before leaning me back dramatically. Once straight up, leaving me completely shocked about his trick, he pulls me close, holding my hand on his chest, his other hand tightly around my waist.

"What's happening?" He says seriously in my ear.

"I think someone here might be related to Le Chiffre."

"What makes you say that."

"She's French, wearing the same dress as me and is dating my ex-boyfriend."

He steps back and looks at me frowning.

I'm crazy, I guess I was wrong.

"Does it sound like something Le Chiffre would do?"

"I don't know. I've been after him for so long, he's never attacked me, but he can see that I am not giving up so I wouldn't be surprised if it was all part of a plan to get rid of me."

"You're right. Seems a little too coincidental to ignore it."

Thank god you believe me! I love you so mu... what? No! Haha!

"Can we do a background check on her, just for safety?"

"Of course."

"Also, apparently her quirk is inhibiting emotions, but I think there is more to it. He barely acknowledged me and we have history. A lot of it. His anger is what most people will remember him for and I just met a docile puppy."

"You dated an angry man?... Dynamight?!?"

"Sshhhhhh!!"

"We were kids. It was when I came to UA, when you were my mentor."

"I really didn't think he was you type."

"It wasn't supposed to happen."

"Okay, nothing to worry about yet. Have you tried to talk to him?"

"I did. He ignored me, not knowing who I was and she answered for him."

"Time for a chat my lady. Where are they?"

I look around and find them on the dance floor, further away.

"Over there." He looks in their direction.

"Your dress suits you much better by the way." Count on him to make such sweet remark in this situation.

"Thanks."

"Fancy a swap?"

"What if she uses her quirk on you?"

"We're in the middle of heroes and police officers. It's unlikely to happen."

"Be safe."

"Are you worried about me?" He asks teasingly, pulling me closer.

"No." I am and hold my breath for a second, realising I care about this man more than I thought I did. Shit.

I smiles, understanding how our relationship is evolving and he doesn't insist.

"Let's go."

Twirling and moving smoothly across the dance floor, we arrive just next to them.