Treat 1

She thought to herself. Today is the day! Today was the day that Hima would ask that businessman for his number, lightly smacking both of her cheeks to gather her thoughts.

"You're not gonna do it." Her co-worker, Mio, teased, leaning in the archway of the back that led to the storage room.

"Sh-shut up!" Hima stuttered out, her face already glowing red, that it was even visible on her brown ears.

"I'm only stating the obvious, Little Hima. You're gonna freeze up like you always do." She giggled,

"I won't; I will ask him today!" she pouted out of her puffy cheeks, with her face still residing within her palms,

Mio referred to her co-workers' slight crush on a customer, Kento Nanami. He came in like clockwork every day since they had both opened up their bakery a few months back, ordering the same thing, never deviating from his preferences. She wasn't sure what her friend saw in the guy, but she did enjoy mocking her about it. Hima's face was already crimson as she glanced at the clock that hung on the wall; the arms clung to the time of 6:28. She could see his silhouette through the partly tinted windows of the front of the shop, which caused her to stand at attention when the entrance bell rang to bring the time to 6:30 right on the dot.

He stood at the counter, adjusting one of his disobedient cufflinks. His brown eyes locked on Hima, capturing her in his profound gaze.

"Welcome!" she said with a giant smile that caused her friend to roll her eyes,

"Hello, May I have my usual?" he asked with a blank expression,

"Of course." She eagerly grabbed a pre-made sandwich, packing it neatly in a paper grocery bag.

Nanami was already reaching into the inner lining of his suit jacket, securing his wallet to pay the cost of his supper. Quick, now is your chance! Hima screamed to herself, slowly reaching for the card that was held out in her face. Sweat began to build upon her brow; she had to think of something that would quickly stall him from leaving before she lost her newfound courage. With his credit card in hand, she charged him, trying her best to return it as slowly as possible.

"Thank you." He said, returning his wallet to his suit pocket, lightly taking hold of a paper bag to leave. "Have a good night."

Come on, Hima, he's leaving! She squealed to herself, lingering her hand on his item before he could remove it from the counter.

"Please, wait a moment!" she shouted, gaining his attention, causing his brow to cock from her sudden outburst.

"W-With your purchase today, you get free macaroons!" it came out awkwardly, causing her to freeze for a moment; her mouth had betrayed her, her brain must have taken a defensive approach to avoid possible rejection, and now it was too late to turn back. "I know you usually get that the same thing, but I would hate for you to miss out on our new flavors." She finished her sales pitch.

He let out a playful scoff, followed by a deep chuckle. Hearing him do so made Hima's ears feel as though they were on fire.

"I will gladly accept some." His serious scowl was disappearing to that of an almost sheepish smile and taking a cute little custom container full of treats that Mio had prepared.

"Next time, you come in to let us know how they were! Have a good night, sir!" Mio said, full of enthusiasm,

"I will," Nanami said, finally taking his leave,

The dinging of the doorbell caused Hima to let out a deep sigh. Her humiliation was over, or so she thought. Until Mio could no longer contain herself, unleashing hidden laughter from her friend's embarrassment, gasping so hard between snickers, she had to lean against one of the bread cases.