II

Growing up Asterope never really felt like she belonged

Growing up Asterope never really felt like she belonged. Yes, she had the seemingly ideal etiquette and mannerisms, but at the end of the day it was all simply and act, a mask that's expected of her, a mask that protects her from unintelligible punishments cast by the people she unfortunately address as mother and father.

Regulus, her twin, was as they call it the golden child of the family. Regulus did always try to protect his twin sister despite Asterope being older which she constantly reminds him of.

Asterope and Regulus has a close bond as you might expect. They always understand each other without the need of words. They knew most of the time what the other was thinking about. But if you hasn't known they were twins you would have thought of them as just ordinary siblings, as their personalities and aura couldn't have been more different.

Regulus looks and act as what you would think a pureblood child acts.

Asterope had always questioned everything and had a comeback or snarky remark ready. She from a young age hated authority. She didn't want to attend those etiquette and ballroom dancing classes, she wanted to learn about music, arts, quidditch. She liked being creative and was intrigued by the sport where you fly around in the sky.

But alas, she couldn't, as the sport was not ladylike and she mustn't complain. So she adapted, she excelled in most things she was forced to partake in.

She used books as a distraction, reading them and letting her mind wonder. Imagining herself out of the prison that is Grimmauld Place, bringing those scenes to life when she draws out the thoughts in the black spaces.

One peculiar thing about this is that, every male romantic interest she always saw glimpse of a man that shows up in dreams when she's in her state of slumber. She did not know him, but felt like she's supposed to. She remembers neat,slightly curled, dark brown hair. Pale skin, and smooth as silk and as pale as snow. A charming grin on attracted to his lips. But she could never see the man's entire face.

The only person she ever told this to was Sirius Orion Black. Her elder brother, someone who she has looked up to from a young age.

Sirius being the first born always had a protector syndrome when it came to his younger siblings. Orion and Walburga were strict on those atrocious pureblood beliefs. They were told that being in a near proximity to filthy 'mudbloods' could harm their magic. That since their blood is pure, they were above others.

Sirius didn't share those beliefs, and didn't want his siblings to be brainwashed with the toxic mind set.

The moment the sorting hat screamed the house 'Griffindor', Sirius was distanced from Regulus and Asterope. His room was moved so he couldn't taint them with his traitorous mind, he couldn't speak with them for an extended period of time whenever their near Walburga and Orion.

He became more isolated than he was before. Even Asterope and Regulus would receive punishments for asking to spend time or write to their elder brother.

The Grimmauld Place, a home of one of the sacred 28 to the wizarding world.

A prison they're forced to call home for the children of Walburga and Orion Black.